The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heritage has a new model called the “Barkeep”. It’s a 22 and the mag cylinder can be ordered. It comes with a 2inch barrel,, specs say 2.68inch.The ejector rod is not attached to the firearm, I imagine Heritage will sell a lot of those ejector rods.

I guess it might make a decent snake gun.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
The safety doesn't bother me on my rough riders , i kind of like it. But if it was on a revolver I actually used for self defense, I don't think I would care for it.
It's a deal breaker for me. I'd spend more(and have)on a Ruger Single Six even tho I don't like Ruger lock work.

·
Banned
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ruger wrangler is in the same ballpark moneywise, but the wrangler is built better IMO. And NO safety.
no magnum in the wrangle, only one barrel length i know of, I don't like the look of the wrangle and it doesn't have a safety . I think the wrangle runs about fifty dollars more.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Safety on a revolver is like wearing a belt and suspenders. Just looks wrong.
Are you saying i shouldn't wear my belt and suspenders.? I thought that was my cool look. :p:D😂😂
My dad wears both a belt and suspenders. He’s always been sort of a different character though.

That being said, Wife has the Heritage Rough Rider with both cylinders and loves it. The Barkeep is cute but would only serve as a belly gun. I kinda want the Ruger Wrangler even though I have no real need for another .22LR revolver.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
My dad wears both a belt and suspenders. He’s always been sort of a different character though.

That being said, Wife has the Heritage Rough Rider with both cylinders and loves it. The Barkeep is cute but would only serve as a belly gun. I kinda want the Ruger Wrangler even though I have no real need for another .22LR revolver.
My dad wore a belt and suspenders in his later years. I probably should wear both but can't bring myself to do it. I get enough funny looks as it is. :ROFLMAO: I looked at a Wrangler but I've never been a fan of cerakote. I asked if they had anything used and they brought out a Single Six for not much more than the Wrangler. It had some finish wear and light pitting around the muzzle but IMO a much better gun.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
My dad wore a belt and suspenders in his later years. I probably should wear both but can't bring myself to do it. I get enough funny looks as it is. :ROFLMAO: I looked at a Wrangler but I've never been a fan of cerakote. I asked if they had anything used and they brought out a Single Six for not much more than the Wrangler. It had some finish wear and light pitting around the muzzle but IMO a much better gun.
Well, the Single Six is a higher end gun than the Wrangler. I rather like the black cerakote version of the Wrangler. BUT..... If I found a used Single Six in decent shape and priced just a bit more, I would definitely go for that option. I’d probably be just as happy with either for a .22 plinker. As I said though, I don’t really NEED another .22 revolver now and I have other guns on my wish list. So many guns, so little cash.

·
Banned
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My dad would wear cowboy boots and Bermuda shorts outside around the house. :)

When I looked at the Wrangler , all they had was the Burnt Bronze Cerakote with synthetic grips. I really didn't like the look of it.
But I was really wanting something with a 6 or 9 inch barrel with the mag cylinder. So I ended up buying both, a 6 and 9 inch model, lol.
I've put the breaks on buying anymore firearms right now, Of course nothing I want is in stock anyway......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts