Heritage Rough Rider Single Action .17 HMR

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns Guest

wrylie
    (9/19/02 5:06:50 pm)
    Reply Heritage Rough Rider Single Action .17 HMR
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted the following in General...may be better here. I searched for the 17 in this forum, read them all. Comments were on rifles, but didn;t see any single action pistols mentioned, so...
    Spotted the above mentioned pistola at the gun shop yesterday. Mentioned it at another gunshop later the same day, and was told "It doesn't exist". Went to the web page and it isn't listed there either. It is clearly marked on the barrel , Heritage Rough Rider .17 HMR. Can't find any mention of it on the web either. Any comments?, Worth it at $249?

2. charagrin

charagrin Guest

I own 1and like it ok. Its not my best plinker but you gotta love its look. If you want a good look at it go to www.ableammo.com and in the search box put in either RR17B9AS or heritage 17hmr.
    As I said I have 1 and it gets the job done, I can group at about 2 inches at 15 yards or so. Im not a good shot so dont blame the gun. I am also thinking of getting the Heritage .22lr/.22wmr combo

3. rangerruck

rangerruck Guest

yeah, i've seen plenty of these at the houston gunshows. you can get them here for about 175. I am looking for 1 in 17hmr/mach 2 combo.

4. utrvp

utrvp Guest

Which website did you check? I went to the Heritage site, clicked on 17 caliber and there it was! Here it is!

http://www.heritagemfg.com/site/department.cfm?id=1422

I bought the Heritage RR 22 with adjustable sights. Great gun for the money. Sounds like your dealer is marking them up a bit though. MSRP on the gun is $239.00. I have always found that except for hard to get or high demand guns, and this is neither hard to get or in high demand, retail is usually lower than MSRP. My Heritage 22 was less than MSRP although not by much, only $7.00 but I didn't expect on such an inexpensive gun the price wouldn't be much below MSRP. Both my Ruger Single Six and my Blackhawk were both around $100.00 less than MSRP from my local FFL.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  5. JackStinson

JackStinson Guest

I have the Heritage Rough Rider in 6.5" barrel .22LR and love it! It is inexpensive, far more accurate than I thought it would be, and pretty well constructed. Sure, it is not a Single-Six...but it suits my needs just fine.
    I'll bet the .17 HMR Rough Rider with the 9" barrel that is shown on the Heitage Arms website would be quite fun.
    Jack

6. 1911junkee

1911junkee New Member

It is a revolver, not a pistol, and it is a piece of crap.

7. Iron Eagle

Iron Eagle Well-Known Member

Some folks don't like them. That's cool. It is like Harley riders don't like other brands. That's fine too. The objective is to shoot. All I can do at this point is the rough rider. It does what it is supposed to, at a lower price point. When I can afford better, I will buy it.

8. bugeye

bugeye New Member

here is an example of one faction against another. one side just loves to shoot, and the other side loves to belittle someones choice of firearms.

I have a single six blue, a single six stainless and a bounty hunter. the old bounty hunter with magnums will outshoot the other two.

9. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

11 years later, I'm kinda curious if the OP bought that Heritage? :D