The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a rough rider 2-tone 6 shot 2 weeks ago. so far i have been very happy with it, and fired probably 100 rounds through it at least already.
Issue arose on Sunday while plinking with my son. The screw that secures the ejector assembly to the barrel fell out and was lost. my advice to others with this gun is to put some loctite on that screw to help keep it in there. I am calling Heritage today for a replacement screw, hope it goes smoothly.

Overall, i think the quality of this pistol is very good for its price. :)

·
Garandaholic
9,512 Posts
I purchased a rough rider 2-tone 6 shot 2 weeks ago. so far i have been very happy with it, and fired probably 100 rounds through it at least already.
Issue arose on Sunday while plinking with my son. The screw that secures the ejector assembly to the barrel fell out and was lost. my advice to others with this gun is to put some loctite on that screw to help keep it in there. I am calling Heritage today for a replacement screw, hope it goes smoothly.

Let us know how it goes!
I have a similar model.

Reactions: jim brady

·
Well-Known Mumbler
Aromatherapy 😍
4,298 Posts
I’ve run thousands of rounds through my Rough Rider 6.5” 22lr/mag combo. My one complaint is the same: many of the screws will work loose over time. Blue Loctite takes care of that problem.

The other two problems I’ve had was a broken trigger spring and a broken ratchet spring (cylinder hand spring). Those broken springs are likely my fault. My Rough Rider is the only wheel gun I fan the hammer on. Additionally, it is the only wheel gun that I do some “fancy gun handling” with (double checked unloaded, cheesy safety engaged).

Other than that, it has been a great gun. I can pop a milk jug at 50 yds every time, and can usually ring the 12” gong at 100 yds 2-3 times of six, free hand.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, my son was messing around trying to be Clint Eastwood (for which he was swiftly reprimanded) fanning the hammer just before this screw fell out. I don't permit him to do this yet because he has a lot to learn about safety.
side note, I am surprised also at how decently accurate the pistol is.

1,077 Posts
I HAD 2 Heritage.

First one, the plastic guide of the spent case ejector rod broke. Wrote Heritage and they sent an aluminum replacement.
The other one lost the screw, like yours did. They sent a replacement.

I picked both up at a gun show, my grandson liked to go to cowboy action shoots with me. He could shoot these.
That cheesy, total waste, redundant, piece of stupidity, hammer block safety would NOT remain in the "fire" position.

We went to range to practice. I shot both revolvers, load, holster and draw; the safety would be engaged. Release safety, 2-3 and safety would engage.

Went to the bench to check point of impact. Best the 4 3/4" barrel would do was 4-5" and 4" to the right and 3" high.. The 5 1/2" barrel shot 6" group, but centered on target. Or, all around the bull.

I sold both.

Got a Ruger Single-Six and looking for another.

·
Registered
1 Posts

How tight should this screw be?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts