Hey, Crusty!!!!

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/1/02 5:13:31 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Hey, Crusty!!!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guy by the name of "Steve 5x5" is over in the 'ask the experts' forum on GB asking for info on an Espania .38 cal revolver. Told I'd come over and wake you up.
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/1/02 6:38:14 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Hey, Crusty!!!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well. I still am a persona non-grata over there, and it will remain that way. If somehow he makes it over here, I will gladly dig up some info for him. I would imagine by now the "Spanish Crapola" crowd has told him how much worthless it is.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/1/02 9:11:18 pm)
    Geeeez, Bob -

Whad'd ya' do - pee in Nunn's wheaties bowl?
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/2/02 10:23:18 am)
    Nah - they pissed in my Wheaties bowl, and I ain't gonna forget it!

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/2/02 10:37:30 am)
    Well, they smoked me twice yesterday (actually the infamous Mod did) I made someone to be the fool (tree dweller) I now believe I am done too, it has just gotten to squirrely for even me......and that takes a lot, but they managed to do it. LTS

ON STRIKE!

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/2/02 1:24:07 pm)
    I'll bet I don't visit that site more than once every few months and they still have be rated a 3 star member! Usually, just scan the "ask the Experts" forum and let it go at that.

How you gonna' stir pooty over there if'n ya' don't find a new moniker and sneak in under the flap, LTS?
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/2/02 1:36:51 pm)
    Kdub, there are so many fakes there.....I would get lost. In the last few months, that place has gone to the dogs. Heck the dogs want even sniff it, anymore. I was just hanging in there. I used to enjoy reading the crap and laughing at the expert views.....it has just become boring and the responces, rediculous. My intellegence is challenged anyway.....I do not need any more dumbing down, I`m slow enough as it is. LTS

STILL ON STRIKE!

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/2/02 1:38:55 pm)
    Just went and looked at it - this is a Model 1924 pattern revolver. The Post WWI period in the mid 1920s saw a proliferation of these S&W copies made by the Spanish manufacturers - most notably by Orbea Hermanos. A lot of these will be void of markings (like in this case), and were sold to market jobbers for retail sales in the US and South America.

It would require taking the grips off and some sleuth work, but it may be possible to determine who made it. The piece was a commercial item in most likely hood, since it does not have a lanyard ring.

Going by condition, it would be worth $80 to $100