Hey, Guys I Need Your Help.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by artabr, Apr 21, 2009.

1. artabr

artabr New Member

What I need is the contact info for the group that handles posers and want-to-be heros.
    There is a gentleman from the Dallas/Fort Worth area (I think) that was doing this kind of work and I'd like to contact him. I believe he wrote a book on the subject but I can't remember his name.

We have a "zero that wants to be a hero" down here that needs to get burnt. :mad:

Here's his lie. :mad:

http://www.crowleytoday.com/content/louisiana-soldier-recalls-10-years-marine

This guy is so full of it it's flowing out of his ears. :mad:

Art

2. USMCSpeedy

USMCSpeedy Member

Checked out your link on this guy. Don't want to say for sure cause I have been wrong before but his story really sounds like a HUGE load of bull. And judging from his pic, the only place he probably served time was jail.

3. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    If you haven't read the comments on that article, Do so....:eek:

They are a hoot, comment #3 is a gem.

I wouldn't worry too much Art... I think they allready pegged his as a BS'er.

I would also like to find that link.

4. islenos

islenos Active Member

5. Tom Militano

Tom Militano New Member

Somebody needs to slap the crap out of this idiot.

6. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    +1

7. artabr

artabr New Member

Thanks, Islenos. B.G.Burkett is the man I was looking for. ;) :)
    Here's his site.

http://www.stolenvalor.com/

Just looking at the Wiki def I don't know if and don't think that he broke any laws. I'd sure like to find a way to bust this ______'s bubble. :mad:
    This guy may have some other issues with the military that I'm not going to go in to because I'm not sure of the facts.

Art

Art

8. kingcuke

kingcuke Member

+1 Islenos the Stolen Valor Act punishes people who claim medals that were not awarded. According to a story in the Chicago Tribune it is investigated by the FBI.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-valor-oct25,0,4301227.story
    There is the possibility that the reporter misunderstood or sensationalized what ever Reed said. There is a link that shows a Shane Reed being wounded in Baghdad. http://www.militaryproject.org/PDF/vol3/GI Special 3A49 Rumsfeld Tells The Truth!.pdf
    The story sounds quite a bit off, but it may or may not be accurate. That said the combat vets I know don't tend to brag.

9. Vladimir

Vladimir Active Member

Chechnya... really?

10. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

These people are really easy for another vet to checkout. Unless he has really done his homework, he will not know lots of details. Details of travel out there, flew from where? Landed where? locations of staging and supply bases. What was his job? his specific duties? Where did he go, what place names does he remember? Even the names of those he served with. Could he introduce any service buddies?

I would add one thing to a comment above, dont judge by apperance. I have met some real hero types that fought tooth and nail, and they look like a guy who fixes breakfast in your local diner. And would deny everything!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2009
  11. 45nut

45nut Well-Known Member

Apparently, folks in the Louisiana National Guard know this dingleberry pretty well. :eek:

12. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

To me, he doesn't even look old enough to be a 10 year veteran of anything. I love the comments under the article.

13. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Let's see, 10-15,000 rds at a man a mile away? I tell you though...our air strikes are getting more impressive all the time...3000 enemy KIA in one strike...outstanding.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

There was a local guy who was quite active in veterans activities. I believe he was in the American Legion. Claimed to have been a decorated Marine Vietnam vet. I recall a picture of him in the paper giving an invocation at a memorial service wearing a green beret (he was this groups chaplain). Turns out the guy really had joined the Marine Corps but was booted out after 2 weeks of boot camp.

Now I'd hate to accuse this guy without more evidence but I'd sure like to see his DD 214.

14. Vladimir

Vladimir Active Member

He says he was in Chechnya... no more evidence is needed. If he was in Chechnya he sure wasn't a Marine. And I think Marines know where Chechnya is (and whether they had been there or not)!

15. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    You're exactly right, Tranter; as I often say, the most dangerous men in the world are most often also the most unassuming and peaceable. They understand violence and are skilled at it but also exercise highly developed self discipline, usually have a keen awareness of their surroundings and display a quiet confidence. There are certain signs to look for however when weeding out the pretenders.