Hey LTS, another for your "archives"

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 6, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member Supporting Member

polishshooter
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (5/28/01 8:55:56 pm)
    Reply Hey LTS, another for your "archives."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Don't know if I should post this here, or History, but I thought you guys might enjoy another "Guv'ment" story from WWII.

In March '45, a pilot officer and an enlisted "spotter" in an "unarmed" Piper Cub spotting Artillery in Germany saw their German counterparts in a Storch below them doing the same thing.

They dove on them, and both the pilot and observer "emptied their .45s at it," and actually damaged it enough to make it force land.

They landed next to it, and after reloading, took the German pilot and observer prisoner.

Read it in "Dirty Little Secrets of WWII," GREAT Book!!!

The section ended with, "4 more and they would have been Aces!"

Thought you guys would like the story...

LIKTOSHOOT
    (5/28/01 9:28:39 pm)
    Reply Re: Hey LTS, another for your "archives."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EXCELLENT!!!!! Man, I really wonder how many stories there really are out there on the .45????? The most dangerous game taken with the .45acp is still my favorite, but this one you mentioned is going to be a close second and one I have never heard......THANKS POLISH!!!!

Tac401
    Administrator
    (5/29/01 1:11:03 am)
    Re: Hey LTS, another for your "archives."
    You just can't beat those little cannon balls!!!!!!!
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

polishshooter
    (5/29/01 5:55:44 pm)
    Yeah, and I forgot to add, the name of their Piper Cub was "Miss Me."

reedbuster
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/11/01 11:41:46 pm)
    Neat story PS! Thanks.
    Is that a pickle in your pocket? .....

warpig883
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/13/01 3:40:52 pm)
    LTS, what was the most dangerous game taken?

I got a Colt series 70 that i love to death. It was my main plinker and frog shooter until I got my RG 10.

I fear we have awaked a sleeping giant and filled it with a terrible resolve. Jap. Admiral Yamamota directly after Pearl Harbor. If the women don't find you handsome, at least they will find you handy. Red Green. I am the ILLUSTRIOUS POTENTATE!

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/13/01 4:22:18 pm)
    For the history and some really good war stories about the 1911, check this site out...www.sightm1911.com/...

Make sure you have a few hours to spare, cause once you start reading some of the stories you will not want to leave.
    Enjoy !!!

Guns don't cause crime anymore than flies caues garbage.