HHOOOOOO-EEEEEEEEE!! HAWGS!!

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/30/02 4:41:20 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    HHOOOOOO-EEEEEEEEE!! HAWGS!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just got a spot on a lease I've been wanting for a couple of years. About 30-35 minutes from home, right at 3000 acres on Lucius Bayou with bunches of creeks. Quite a few deer, sure, but absolute trophy hogs!

Headed up there Sunday morning to start scouting it...
    man, I can taste that sausage already...

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

Tac401
    Administrator
    (5/30/02 5:10:31 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: HHOOOOOO-EEEEEEEEE!! HAWGS!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Good deal Doc, save some a dem eats for me!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/30/02 6:18:27 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: HHOOOOOO-EEEEEEEEE!! HAWGS!!
    Hope yer in good shape.......them hawgs are. Ifin it don`t measure over five and one half feet....it`s a throwback. Gonna need`um big bore and slow.....use`um hard bullets. Big`uns can soak up 44`s. Good Luck.....NO RIBS though. LTS
    T.F.F.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/30/02 7:09:41 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Why heck you can kill them things with your slingshot and nail clipper. be sure to have a hog roast when you get one or a dozen.
    "I'M NOT GOING TO HAVE SOME REPORTERS PAWING THROUGH OUR PAPERS. WE ARE THE PRESIDENT." - Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed documents

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/30/02 7:23:38 pm)
    A hunting lease on 3000+ acres in bayou country, 30-35 minutes from home - sounds like a beautiful setup to me, Andrew!

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/30/02 9:37:05 pm)
    Doc, Let me know how that hog huntin' goes, we have a bunch here in Mo on conservation and Corps land that you can shoot all year, no limit, right from a vehicle as long as you are off road. I just got to know how big a caliber to go with. Do you think a 45 super 230g round chronyd at 1100+ f/s will do? Or do I need the 300 win mag? How about the 264 with some good nosler or swift? Would you use solids?

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/30/02 10:37:04 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    I'm using a custom Ruger Super-B with 260gr hard cast solids for now. I'm still waiting on Freedom Arms to deliver my .475 Linebaugh. I'm also customizing a Marlin 1895 Guide Gun .45-70 for those days when you just gotta use a rifle.

www.apaxenterprises.com

cointoss 2
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/30/02 10:50:08 pm)
    I still have two of the slugs from a 12ga. that I hit a hog in the heart with, everytime he looked like he was gonna go down the hounds pumped a little more adrenalin in him. Whatever you shoot him with, don't make him mad or you will be looking to climb the first tree. Doc what are you doing to the Marlin, curious minds want to know?
    cointoss2

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/30/02 11:22:05 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Piddling with fiber-optic sights, slicking up the action a bit.
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Different name
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/31/02 5:52:59 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    3000 acres? WOW.

Ya might be needin some
    Pork Pointin Guides......
    I'm not sure, but I heard that Cointoss's wife
    roots their garden every year. Also, she shops at every
    meat market in 4 states.....

Charlie D
    (tusk-tusk)

Agunguy will buy all yer
    head cheese! Right - GG?

Edited by: Different name at: 5/31/02 6:54:42 am

sweetsoo
    (5/31/02 10:19:22 pm)
    You betcha I root da garden an ifn yur not careful I'll root you too!. Cointoss put a couple a hogs on the wall here and der. Deyz the bes lookin thins in da house! AN, I gotta look thru 4 states jes to find da best hog fer da smoker

Tac401
    Administrator
    (6/1/02 2:16:24 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    SooooooooWeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

Rich in Lincoln
    V.I.P. Member
    (6/5/02 1:57:54 pm)
    We have some fine Russians in CA and hunting is very good on privet land but all the descent hunting shows and videos show all the fun down south. “Southern Swine” (bow vid) is my favorite! I’m very jealous! Pig hunting has to be one of my favorite types of hunting!

Good luck and have fun! Can’t wait to hear about your success! Please include bullet performance from your Ruger.

-Rich