The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17,276 Posts
I would think that a suppressor tube would not be sold in an auction since it is an NFA item.
Not a store-bought one anyways.

Now if someone built one (using one of the many books on "how to build your own silencer" there are floating around out there) and didn't bother to have it papered -- well, that might could end up at an auction.

Reactions: chaswea and flboots

·
Super Moderator
41,332 Posts
You are correct Alpo. That looks hollow to me, from what I can see.

·
Super Moderator
41,332 Posts
Jerry, I am curious whether or not you can take that apart so that baffles can be inserted? I have seen that logo before but have no idea what it is. Does the tube have what appears to be a serial number?

It is the baffles that makes it a "silencer" even though the tube itself is the serial numbered part. Here is a shot of my suppressor with its baffles laid out:
Guardian K22.JPG

·
Premium Member
13,464 Posts
Didn't see a post in the introduction forum but I have to welcome a fellow Missourian!!!

I don't know what the logo is but it looks like a Spartan helmet.

Reactions: BlackEagle

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
I have never found a serial number on one of these
I hear if you stretch them over the end it works for 1 shot. I have never done this.
I wont tell you what popped up when I searched baby nipples
Baby-Bottle2-300x239.png

·
Super Moderator
28,029 Posts
My guess is that it's a flash suppressor that looks like a sound suppressor. I see them on the interweb all the time.

Reactions: BlackEagle

·
Registered
17,276 Posts
I have never found a serial number on one of these
I hear if you stretch them over the end it works for 1 shot. I have never done this.
I wont tell you what popped up when I searched baby nipples
View attachment 226158
I vaguely remember a book I read back in junior high. Guy was poaching alligators, using a 22 rifle and baby bottle nipples stretched over the muzzle.

Always wondered if that would really work.

·
*VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*
26,120 Posts
Greetings Jerry from the old Navy Chief.....that's all I can offer dealing with your
question about that 'Hickey-Bobb' or 'Fummy-Doodle' you posted a picture of there
for these experts to deal with...Missouri, huh....isn't that the 'Show Me' state or
some stated nonsense from their Chambers of Commerce...We have those randid
statements also from here in the Phoenix area....claiming rattlesnakes can be trained
to rattle out musical tunes...Naw, Jerry, I'm not the gun person, but you have selected
the very choisest forum around these days...just note the complex offerings about that
goocher you showed us a picture of...just a reminder for me..I saw that word 'suppressor'
in a toilet flusher repair kit I got at Home Depot recently....it kept the sounds of the
flush action more silent... Welcome on board, Jerry...Chief

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Looks like a Surefire "training fake suppressor"-except it would say Surefire on it.Looks like it's threaded for a Surefire mount.

·
TFF Chaplain
20,400 Posts
Welcome from TFF from the UK!! You have some answers; that looks like an interesting piece of kit.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Missourian! Born and raised in and around springfield, but I moved out to the woods and never looked back, now I'm in shannon county and loving it.

What you have, if I had to guess, is a fake supressor. It looks like one, and works well as a flash supressor, but without baffles in it, it is not a supressor at all. Put it on and have fun with it!

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
You can readily buy "fuel filters" online that are actually do-it-yourself suppressor setups. That one seems to be missing a few parts though, they usually come with one end threaded for either 1/2" or 5/8" and you drill out the baffles and the other end for whichever caliber you're planning on using it for. Once all done though you're supposed to serial number it and file the usual paperwork. Doing it yourself does dramatically cut down on the time it takes to get your stamp.

·
Super Moderator
41,332 Posts
You can readily buy "fuel filters" online that are actually do-it-yourself suppressor setups. That one seems to be missing a few parts though, they usually come with one end threaded for either 1/2" or 5/8" and you drill out the baffles and the other end for whichever caliber you're planning on using it for. Once all done though you're supposed to serial number it and file the usual paperwork. Doing it yourself does dramatically cut down on the time it takes to get your stamp.
I know, I have two of them. They make great solvent traps, which is what they are sold as and pretty much all they are good for.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts