Hi from Missouri

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms & Related Items' started by Jerry Cramer, Jul 18, 2020.

Tags:
  1. BlackEagle

BlackEagle TFF Chaplain Supporting Member

Welcome from TFF from the UK!! You have some answers; that looks like an interesting piece of kit.

2. TigerLeo

TigerLeo Well-Known Member

Welcome from a fellow Missourian! Born and raised in and around springfield, but I moved out to the woods and never looked back, now I'm in shannon county and loving it.

What you have, if I had to guess, is a fake supressor. It looks like one, and works well as a flash supressor, but without baffles in it, it is not a supressor at all. Put it on and have fun with it!

howlnmad and BlackEagle like this.

3. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

Could be a "fuel filter", legal to have and sell.

4. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

You can readily buy "fuel filters" online that are actually do-it-yourself suppressor setups. That one seems to be missing a few parts though, they usually come with one end threaded for either 1/2" or 5/8" and you drill out the baffles and the other end for whichever caliber you're planning on using it for. Once all done though you're supposed to serial number it and file the usual paperwork. Doing it yourself does dramatically cut down on the time it takes to get your stamp.

5. gdmoody

gdmoody Full Time Moderator Moderator Supporting Member

I know, I have two of them. They make great solvent traps, which is what they are sold as and pretty much all they are good for.

6. zant

zant Well-Known Member

The "fuel filter"traps can be made into killer .22 suppressors....one of the group bought one for 20$,used 75$ worth of aluminum K cups-like GDMoody showed,paid the 200$ tax-it's quieter than a Surefire .22 factory.For anything with more pressure,the tubes can't take the pressure.

mogunner likes this.
  7. ms6852

ms6852 GUNZILLA Supporting Member

Welcome from Texas

8. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

9. Jerry Cramer

Jerry Cramer New Member

There is no serial number and these tools have the same spartan helmet logo on them. Leading me to believe they might have came together but a training device sounds logical the auction is a unclaimed freight , Amazon returns type of place 15952345715423944201008432540057.jpg