The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went back for another of the Firearms I looked at, on my B-day.

Henry "Big Boy" .44Mag/.44Special lever action. Very nice carbine with great hand cut checkering in the Walnut stock.

It was weighing on me heavily. I went back and bought it just now. Own a Ruger SBH in .44Mag/.44Special. Own a Ruger Semi-Auto Carbine in .44mag/.44 Special. Now I own a Lever action .44mag/.44Special. Bought a box of .44mag LeverEvolution ammo and a box of .44Special.

It's only $$, right?
Road surface Asphalt Art Public space Font
Line Tool Sports equipment Font Bicycle part

· Premium Member
23,415 Posts
My nephew has one. His has the brass frame model. He loves it. He hasn't taken it hunting yet as far as i know. I've shot it a few times and although it shot great i like my uberti 1860 Henry in .45 colt a little better. But they are fine guns. You will love yours.

· Registered
3,737 Posts
Yup, gotta have the rifle to go with the others. Nice.

I have a couple of Gunasaurus t shirts. Big T Rex with crossed bandoleers, holding 2 sixguns with a western hat on. Our local gunsmith had them made up with his logo included.

· Registered
2,657 Posts
There just something special about a 240Gr SJHP 44 Mag hitting a 5lbs jug of tannerite. It just detonates so much nicer than a 5.56. Enjoy the new Henry!

You do know that the best things come in threes - bet that shop where you got the Henry and Remington opens early Saturday mornings ... I'm just saying -

· Premium Member
4,327 Posts
Don't worry Ken the cure is easy . You just need to buy just one more gun is all and that will be good . Trust me . Well maybe one more but only if you really like it . And if you see a gun you don't need but it's a good deal well that's different , buy it . Then and if only then you see one that you liked years back but never thought would find it then it's ok to buy it also . And yes I almost forgot if you have a collection and are missing a few spots it's ok to fill those spots . And well if you are thinking of starting a certain collection sure need to start somewhere so yes it's ok to buy guns then to do that . Don't want to be considered a quitter do you ? But hey this don't mean you have a addiction just being frugal . Some people sadly don't have the will power I do and do have a addiction . :oops:

· Premium Member
TFF Cake Queen and Revolver Packer
8,640 Posts
Ken hasn't commented in a while so I think he is at his local gun shop looking for his next rifle. :)
He and Buddy probably got hungry and are hunting lol for a couple of T Bones in the freezer 😜

1 - 20 of 45 Posts