The Firearms Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
GUNZILLA
9,452 Posts
I'd like to think that we are responsible for that.
I refuse to take responsibility for ones addiction, but don't mind selling them a gun if they want one. It is clearly obvious that the addiction had manifested itself before the sale.

·
Registered
13,763 Posts
Ken hasn't commented in a while so I think he is at his local gun shop looking for his next rifle. :)
I think he might be at his gunaholics anonymous meeting. That group won't help much because they just sit around talking about what they want to buy or take to the range next.

·
Registered
134 Posts
OT, but as cases of 'Gunholism' are on the rise, I thought this might be a good place to inform anyone interested, that I have developed a program to assist anyone who is receiving unbearable pressure from loved ones for a 'gun hoarding' intervention. .... It can be the first step in avoiding 'gunaholic annon classes'. .... And rather than the traditional '12 step' programs, I have reduced it to just 3. .....#1. PM me with your address. #2. Deposit the check I send you for shipping. and #3. After check clears, package firearm and ship it to me. ..... You will might thank me for it later.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Sorry guy's, been working last couple days and when home, my "Service" would not cooperate. (Terrain issues.) Could not get on-line.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
@crowtalks, yes - .44mag/special ammo is available if you have the $$.

Mine is called the Henry Big Boy Steel Carbine Side Gate.

A few years back when I was in the Gunshop getting my Ruger Semi-Auto Carbine in. 44mag scoped, the guy beside me was receiving the Special Order Henry Big Boy Classic (Brass Receiver.) He was nice enough to let me hold it. I was very impressed. Knew I would own a Henry one day. I have been very impressed with what I have heard about the Company.

It is a very well finished product. I LOVE it! 😁

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
(Off Topic) I LOVE my other two .44mag's. My Ruger SBH and my Ruger Semi-Auto Carbine have doubled in value since I bought them.

Like $$ in the Bank. 👍 (Only better.) 😁

·
Registered
13,763 Posts
Mine is called the Henry Big Boy Steel Carbine Side Gate.
I was sort of curious about the side gate and the loading slot on the tube. That would make it easier and safer to unload than having to jack them out using the lever like I had to do on my '94 Winchester.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
@Grizzley1, I like the tube for ease of loading/unloading. I like the gate for the ability to load on the fly, in order to top up the magazine while shooting. (7+1 mag.) Lever actions, the Original "Assault Weapon."

This thing is built like a tank. 👍😁

Gonna be one of my favorites. (Knew I had to go back and get it.) I knew as soon as he put it in my hands. [Dammit.] I had specifically asked if he had one. Narrowed about 4 rifles down to the two I ended up buying. I have been unusually good about not buying any Firearms in a couple years now. (In fact, I sold 9 a couple years back.) I not only owed it to myself, but I needed to add back to the herd. (Been working hard.) Not spending much.

It is Most unfortunate that most/all of my others were lost in a tragic Canoeing accident trying to cross Watauga Lake below the Butler Bridge, with my Safe in the Canoe. (Well over 400' deep there.) It was Tragic. 😢😭😦

·
Registered
23 Posts
Went back for another of the Firearms I looked at, on my B-day.

Henry "Big Boy" .44Mag/.44Special lever action. Very nice carbine with great hand cut checkering in the Walnut stock.

It was weighing on me heavily. I went back and bought it just now. Own a Ruger SBH in .44Mag/.44Special. Own a Ruger Semi-Auto Carbine in .44mag/.44 Special. Now I own a Lever action .44mag/.44Special. Bought a box of .44mag LeverEvolution ammo and a box of .44Special.

It's only $$, right? View attachment 278670 View attachment 278671
That is beautiful looking rifle!!!👍🏻

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Between your 44s and 10mms, you and I are of the same mind, Ken.:cool:
Went back for another of the Firearms I looked at, on my B-day.

Henry "Big Boy" .44Mag/.44Special lever action. Very nice carbine with great hand cut checkering in the Walnut stock.

It was weighing on me heavily. I went back and bought it just now. Own a Ruger SBH in .44Mag/.44Special. Own a Ruger Semi-Auto Carbine in .44mag/.44 Special. Now I own a Lever action .44mag/.44Special. Bought a box of .44mag LeverEvolution ammo and a box of .44Special.

It's only $$, right? View attachment 278670 View attachment 278671

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
One thing I have discovered that I REALLY like, if you look at the crescent cut out on the loading gate - when loaded (like a revolver) there is a pretty good portion of brass evident. No mistaking this Firearm is loaded.

I am sure Henry did not do this by accident. (Well done.) 👍

I am REALLY liking this Firearm. Glad I went back to grab it. (Like I said before here, I knew I wanted it, as soon as it was put in my hands.) 😁

The deep cut (not pressed) checkering is more griptile than any other Firearm I own. (And) It is not only very nicely finished, it is built like a Tank. Loving it. If you've not handled one, you owe it to yourself to do so.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Just now struck me while re-reading this thread, that selling 9 a few years back, left me well over $2K on the plus side, over the $$ I spent on the two I recently picked up. 😁

So there Mom. (Not that She has a clue on the extent of my collection or $$ invested.) I do look at it similar to an investment. The vast majority of my firearms increase in value every year.

Not only in intrinsic value but "Yeah, I'm fully armed. How bout you?" 🤔

·
Premium Member
22,037 Posts
I only buy guns I know I will shoot. I don't buy guns I only look at. I do have a few that don't get much use. My 308 bolt rifle. gets little use as there aren't many places around here I can shoot it. My AR-15 is the same. The only outside range I can use them is 50 miles away and expensive. Nevertheless, I try to go there several times a year.

At my club I can shoot any handgun round up to 44mag in a rifle or pistol. I am in the market for these types of firearms. I am looking at. Right now I am interested in a 9mm semi-auto carbine. It can be used at my club for our 3 gun events. I may be kind of old to compete in 3 gun events but my son and SIL could use it. I would use it also but I would have little chance of winning.

I think a lot of the firearms you choose depend on where you live.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts