Hi-point? any good?

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

Whitefang81
    (11/29/02 9:19:44 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Hi-point? any good?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Other than a 22 rifle, it was recomended to look at the Hi-point 9mm Carbine. Does anyone have any experience shooting this rifle? or has anyone heard anything good about it? Please all input is welcome :)
    Paul

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/30/02 5:17:49 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Sold it...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Let it go this past summer...for the money it was a fun little plinker...depending on the condition that you find one $100.00-$150.00 is probably the norm...

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (11/30/02 6:55:13 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Hi-point? any good?
    Whitefang, the Hi-Point 9mm Carbine is a fun gun. I have shot about 2 boxes of shells in a friends carbine with no jams of any kind.

The carbine is probably the most reliable weapon Hi-Point has ever made.

Whitefang81
    (11/30/02 5:41:58 pm)
    Well the range my family belongs too is a sell the carbine new for 189. brand new, never shot. ok please keep comments coming ;:)

Whitefang81
    (12/1/02 11:35:13 pm)
    When shooting the gun, has anyone ever experienced any problems with the gun, how often would it jam etc?

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (12/2/02 6:03:30 am)
    I never had a jam . The carbine worked great.

Whitefang81
    (12/2/02 9:12:53 pm)
    Hey Shooter, how long have u had the carbine, and how many shells u fire out of it so far (guesstamate)

Whitefang81
    (12/2/02 10:36:04 pm)
    also is the grip and ambi grip? cause i'm left handed

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (12/5/02 7:57:19 am)
    Whitefang,

The Carbine I shot belongs to a friend. He has owned it for a couple of years and never had a problem.

I sold about 10 of them at the gunshop and never had a complaint. Hope this helps.

Whitefang81
    (12/5/02 7:36:24 pm)
    What about the Grip, im' a lefty, do u think i'll have any trouble shooting it?

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (12/13/02 8:11:59 am)
    You shouldn't have a problem but handle one at a gunshop before you buy.

dennis53
    (2/23/03 2:01:23 pm)
    What kind of energy does the 9mm load develop in a carbine or full length barrel?