The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was my grandfathers. I looked up some info about it but I was hoping this group could enlighten me a little bit on the history and value. I am new to firearms and I don't want to "give it away" when I try to sell it. I know the frame is aluminum and it was made in the 70s and was probably bout at Sears. The #is 1290573 its a w-104 Thank you in advance for your help

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Top end would be $200 in that condition. They are well built, but there is not much collector value. Would make someone a good shooter. I just sold one in VG condition with 22LR and 22Mag cylinders for $325.

·
Registered
45 Posts

Way top end $200. in that condition. I picked one up in a trade last year. It's in great shape and I've take it to the range a couple of times.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I had one for several years then sold (traded-in) it in 2009. Got $175 for it and it was in great condition....just a bit of holster wear at the muzzle. It was alot of fun to shoot, but no where near the accuracy/quality of my 2 Ruger Single Six's. Traded it for a High Standard slant grip 103 (1963) Target w/ 2 barrels....now that thing is what I'd call an acurate pistol....its a keeper!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, My name is Jennifer and I am not "new" to guns, but I don't necessarily know all the tech talk that you all sometimes get into. I just got myself a Hi Standard Double Nine, nine shot revolver. It's nickel plated and I was wondering if there was a way to learn what year it was from by the serial number? The serial number on it is 902956 with a W-100 stamped underneath that. The gun isn't in wonderful condition, but I like it, and I think that counts more since I enjoy shooting and am not in the sport to make money. Sorry I can't figure out how to upload a photo of it....maybe one day, but since this is my first day on the forum, so I hereby respectfully request a "pass" LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts