The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was given this High Standard Pistol, Hoping to find out the model, Need a barrel. Only marking on frame is the same serial # as slide 620xxx. Other then slide serial # is SK-100. Don't know what to look for to find the proper barrel.
thank you

Attachments

· Registered
104 Posts
I'm wondering if all the 100 series like the 103 will fit the 100 series?
No. Only 100 series will fit and only the Sport King and Flite King barrels will have a front sight height appropriate for the fixed rear signt, The Flite King barrel is for .22 shorts only and would require a new slide and magazine as well. so the only real option is the Sport Kng barrels for a SK-100

Sport King SK-100 is the model. There's an early and late version if I remember right.
@John Stimson will be along with all the details.
it is a Sk-100 Sport King. The previous series had two variations - the one with and the one without the slide lock. The SK-100 came in three versions not counting the Armamex. The steel frame, an aluminum frame in blued finish and an aluminum frame in an electroplated nickel finish.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No. Only 100 series will fit and only the Sport King and Flite King barrels will have a front sight height appropriate for the fixed rear signt, The Flite King barrel is for .22 shorts only and would require a new slide and magazine as well. so the only real option is the Sport Kng barrels for a SK-100

it is a Sk-100 Sport King. The previous series had two variations - the one with and the one without the slide lock. The SK-100 came in three versions not counting the Armamex. The steel frame, an aluminum frame in blued finish and an aluminum frame in an electroplated nickel finish.
Mine has a slide lock on the left and right side of the frame, are they both locks, or what. Will the barrel that I find work with both or just one? Sorry about the stupid questions, but it's the only way to find out is to ask. THANK YOU

· Registered
104 Posts
My SK-100LW has the slide lock, I still have nightmares from that microscopic spring it had. BTW...the spring from a watch band works great! The frame finish on mine looks like the matte finish on Stainless AMT gun frames.
Of course your SK-100 has a slide lock. All SK-100 had slide locks. Only the previous desing ceries the Lever Name series had versions with and without slide locks.

The spring properly installed will not get away. One end of the spring is enlarged to a press fit in the lever hole. Tough to install but stays put. I suspect some assemblers took the easy way out and installed it backwards. Most shop employees at High Standard were paid on a piece work basis. Taking the time to properly install the spring could hurt their paycheck and saying time cold help their paycheck. No matter how installed it would pass the function testing.

Mine has a slide lock on the left and right side of the frame, are they both locks, or what. Will the barrel that I find work with both or just one? Sorry about the stupid questions, but it's the only way to find out is to ask. THANK YOU
High Standard slide locks, when present, were all on the right side of fo the frame. The lever on the left side is the Safety.

The slide lock in not an issue for the SK-100 variations - all SK-100s had the slide lock. All SK-100 barrels will fit all SK-100 frames - steel, aluminum, or nickel plated aluminum variations.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
High Standard slide locks, when present, were all on the right side of fo the frame. The lever on the left side is the Safety.

The slide lock in not an issue for the SK-100 variations - all SK-100s had the slide lock. All SK-100 barrels will fit all SK-100 frames - steel, aluminum, or nickel plated aluminum variations.
Thank you very much, I now have all questions answered, THE ONLY PROBLEM NOW IS FINDING THE BARREL. No one seems to have one.

· Registered
207 Posts
Sport King SK-100 is the model. There's an early and late version if I remember right.
@John Stimson will be along with all the details.
Yes, the early versions were lever takedowns, and the later were the push button takedowns like this one.
If it was me I'd contact the Hi Standard Collectors Assn. and see if they could point you towards a member whose got parts, or extra barrels. There's several high up officers who live here in Oregon and I see them displaying, and selling guns/parts at a couple big shows around here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts