Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

HIGH STANDARD SUPERMATIC 22

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by trailguy, Apr 2, 2009.

1. trailguy

trailguy New Member

HEAVY BARREL, #581105,
    Anyone know approx. what it would sell for?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. muddober

muddober Active Member

I bought one just about like yours on Guns America about 2 years ago for $600.00. The seller was a very knowledgeable guy who just happened to be a TECH for Dillon Precision. If I owned your gun and I wanted to sell it I would think it should bring about $700.00. And before someone asks I do not want to sell mine. You might want to check prices on BrandX or Guns America.

I hope I was of some help.
    Ron

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009

3. SGVictor

SGVictor Member

The serial number you give is too high for the lever name design series. IF teh first digit were a 3 it would fit the expected pattern,

The walnut grips are very collectable by themselves. The original grips were a plastic and these were offered separately by High Standard.

If the barrel checks out to be the original configuration, it would bring $700-$800 to the right collector. Originality can be determined with a correct serial number which can be researched in teh factroy records.

4. trailguy

trailguy New Member

Oop's., a slight typo. The S/N is 481105.

5. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Trailguy, another beautiful gun Check your Private Message.

That looks like another 90-95% gun or maybe even a 98%. The latest edition of The Blue Book of Gun Values gives the following information, if it is a first model:

98% - $650
    95% - $525
    90% - $415
    80% - $320

If it is a first model and has interchangeable barrels and has the weights and filler strip then you can add about $250

The second model has "S-100" stamped on the right side of the slide. if it is a second model then add about $75 - $100 to the above listed values.

6. SGVictor

SGVictor Member

481,105 is still to high a serial number for a lever takedown Supermatic. 481,105 is listed in teh factroy records as a S-101 which is two series after the one you are inquiring about.

Is the serial number you give found on the slide and does it match the one on top of the frame under the slide beside the hammer pocket.