Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

HK 91 CETM

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by ch00sen1, Apr 20, 2009.

1. ch00sen1

ch00sen1 New Member

Hi I'm new to this forum, but when I saw this link I could help but to see what you thoughts were, since I've been burned before on good deals.

I'm negotiating on an HK 91 clone. It is from the original owner, has 600 rounds fired thought it, no wear that I can see and the bluing is perfect. He has 2 20 mags for it. It is .308.

I'm told these are great guns, but I don't know much about them.
    He said he has shot S. African ammo through it only. I would appreciate any help. It looks like the asking price on the bid sites is around $800 new?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  2. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

They are good guns.
    They are very reliable, well made, managable recoil, accurate, and very fun to shoot.
    308 is probably my favorite rifle cartridge. Great power, great accuracy, ammo is common. The take down is as simple as simple can be. You will run into one head scratcher if you disassemble the bolt and fireing pin ensemble but once you see it done or ask someone you'll just say, wow, I never would have thought of that, but it is a good design.
    Also his asking price is good. I paid aprox $750 for an HK -91 clone last year, with some minor imperfections.

Ok, that's the good news.

The bad news is this;
    If you are a reloader you should know that it will kick the living heck out of the brass. You may not be able to reload for them and price of ammo is high.
    Their is no doubt if Dabamma gets his Assult Weapons Ban passed, all the HK clones are on the ban list. I knew this last year and I said well, it's good, great reviews, I'm gonna get it.
    Hope that helps you out.

3. ch00sen1

ch00sen1 New Member

Thank you very much! I fondled it some, and though it was much lighter than the FAL, I decided to pass at this time.