Hoarding Ammo Revisited

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by hadite81, Apr 13, 2009.

1. hadite81

hadite81 New Member

It is all well and good that we can spout our philosophy on hoarding, but the basic answer is GREED. The manufacturers are greedy in they see the demand going up, the consumer buys all they can afford and tries to resell at an outrageous profit. I saw a bulk box of 22lr (Federal 550rnds) being offered for $35.00 plus shipping.(Another Black Rifle forum) Everyone is out to make a buck off of their "Fellow Man". Nobody really gives a rats ass about the next guy. In reality, how many rounds of Silvertip HP do you really need? You will probably be dead before your first mag change anyway. It is nice to think that we are all a very friendly, tight knit, community with common interests, but try and jack with someone else's stash, and see how long it takes for them to show you the business end of those primers/powders/bullets. I hope I am way off base, but I doubt it. Thanks for letting me vent!

2. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

hadite81,
    Unfortunately, your comment is on the 'mark'. Apparently, some have no problem with being greedy.

3. PPK 32

PPK 32 Active Member

There will always be greedy people, those that want an unrealistic profit, or unfair, what ever way ya want to word it. I think of it this way-- its a good thing to want, getting may be a different story. I will never be put in the position of needing a 35 dollar box of .22s. Just a thought.