The Firearms Forum banner

21 - 40 of 81 Posts

Registered
I have a 20 gauge maverick but is has a 26 inch barrel which is way too long but I have been thinking of a 590A1 because is has a capacity of 8 shells compared to 5 in the maverick plus it has the tang safety which I think is better for me because I'm left handed.
Plus on the Mossberg / Maverick, the shell lifter stays up out of the way for easier reloading on the fly. And so your nail polish doesn't get messed up...馃榿

Registered
Plus on the Mossberg / Maverick, the shell lifter stays up out of the way for easier reloading on the fly. And so your nail polish doesn't get messed up...馃榿
I don't think worrying about nail polish is a problem for most of us but that is a good point. :D :D :D

Registered
For me, typical stick construction house with neighbors not far, short barrel shotgun with #4 buck is MY answer. As to the original question .....if possible call 911, take defensIve position and shoot IF YOU MUST. The only reason to move and confront is if others are in danger and you must do so IMHO. So what if they get your big screen TV. You will be able to buy a train load of TVs with the money you don鈥檛 pay a lawyer.
Clearing your house......it ain鈥檛 like the movie. I believe most will find their skills under stress to be closer to Barney Fife than John Wick;)
Slugs are for bears. Buckshot, according to many ballistics tests by self defense "experts" is the better choice inside a building. Slugs give you penetration which most of us in the suburbs cannot afford to use. Good for bears, not needed for home invaders.

I have 20 feet, and a fence between me and my neighbor to the north of us which is the way my hallway faces.

I have a 20 ga among several other handguns and an AR15 at my bedside. I have #4 buckshot for the 20ga.

My handguns are closest. God forbid I would ever need any of them, but I would go with the closest first depending on circumstances and time to access my weapons.

If I lived in NY, I would get a second 20 ga and may actually do that with the impending communist take over on January 20th. Probably a good way to use my Christmas gift card from the local gun store I use.

Canada is already talking about a mandatory gun buyback program and they already banned most guns years ago. They are allegedly getting IBM, an American company, to design a gun buyback program. That would be convenient huh. They could slip that right into the US right after they use it and test it in Canada.

IBM again. This is not the first time they have been up to their necks in helping a thug in making and organizing lists to help achieve their ends. They were instrumental in the 鈥渇inal solution鈥. Always thought some of their board should have been at Nuremberg and not just as witnesses...... :mad:

Premium Member
I would but my house is in New York State so the safe act doesn't allow "assault weapons" to be owned by the average citizen so I thought the next best thing would be a shotgun considering it has a wide range of uses.
Not that I am saying to get a "bad black gun" But you CAN HAVE ONE in NY it just has to have a modification to make it legal.
I know because I own a gun shop in NY and make ARs and "other" guns NY compliant.

Registered
Getting ready to sell a New, (never fired) Bennelli Super Nova (Tactical) 12ga, with a mag extension on another site, (8 +1 rounds) in about two weeks. Passing it off to an FFL Top 100 Seller next Fri. with about 7 other Firearms. (3 Shotguns, 4 handguns.)

I have quite a few 12ga. Riot Pumps to choose from. Gifted my Son a Win. 1300 Defender Riot Pump about 1 1/2 mo. ago. (Shipped it to CO.)

If I could do Shameless Plugs here, I would link it.

Super Moderator
the light would only need to work for 2 or 3 shots at that point the party's over.
If U need to fire more than 7 rounds of 12ga. at a Home Intruder, your game plan (or accuracy) is to be called in to question. IMHO.

Again, just the cha chunk (noise) of a pump gun cycling a shell into the action will make most grown men run away.

Registered
I've said this before in multiple Forums over the years. It is a long running Internet "Joke" that Bad Guys run when hearing that sound.

I would propose that it would take an IDIOT to hear that sound in a dark house, when you know you are not supposed to be there, and continue on your merry way.

Kinda like hearing my Pit growling behind the door and looking out at you, while standing up on his hind legs, when You tap/knock on the door. If you bust on in, well God Bless you.

Reactions: ysacres

Registered
Slugs are for bears. Buckshot, according to many ballistics tests by self defense "experts" is the better choice inside a building. Slugs give you penetration which most of us in the suburbs cannot afford to use. Good for bears, not needed for home invaders.

I have 20 feet, and a fence between me and my neighbor to the north of us which is the way my hallway faces.

I have a 20 ga among several other handguns and an AR15 at my bedside. I have #4 buckshot for the 20ga.

My handguns are closest. God forbid I would ever need any of them, but I would go with the closest first depending on circumstances and time to access my weapons.

If I lived in NY, I would get a second 20 ga and may actually do that with the impending communist take over on January 20th. Probably a good way to use my Christmas gift card from the local gun store I use.

Canada is already talking about a mandatory gun buyback program and they already banned most guns years ago. They are allegedly getting IBM, an American company, to design a gun buyback program. That would be convenient huh. They could slip that right into the US right after they use it and test it in Canada.

How in the hell can the (any) Government "Buy Back" something they never owned or paid for to begin with? Makes no sense to anyone but a bleeding heart liberal. And what princely sum would be offered for YOUR gun? What you paid for it? What the current market price is? It's nothing but confiscation.....resist!

Registered
Another route you may want to explore 61caliberclown is to remove the barrel, find a machine shop, and have them cut and finish the barrel to 18 1/4". I keep a 20 ga. Pump Mossberg 500, like what I have described bedside. (Several single shots scattered about.) My more expensive 12ga. Riot Pumps reside in the safe.

Availability right now is very much down, as I posted previously, I am putting a couple up at Auction very soon. There will be a few here and there, from people like me, that have some to part with - with prices being sky high. Anything that comes available will be at a Premium, do to the times we find ourselves in.

Good luck in your search Sir.

Reactions: ysacres

Banned
last time I was at Wal-Mart, they had some Mossberg Maverick and Stevens 320s for under $200

Registered
I've said this before in multiple Forums over the years. It is a long running Internet "Joke" that Bad Guys run when hearing that sound.

I would propose that it would take an IDIOT to hear that sound in a dark house, when you know you are not supposed to be there, and continue on your merry way.

Kinda like hearing my Pit growling behind the door and looking out at you, while standing up on his hind legs, when You tap/knock on the door. If you bust on in, well God Bless you.
I presume you're talking about racking a pump shotgun. They wont hear that sound in my house. All they will hear is a soft click immediately followed by a loud boom.

Premium Member
Here is a link for the ultimate shotgun ammo!! I'm not sure I would use one, even on a bad guy!

Registered
Shootbrownelk - Unfortunately, I predict that time is rapidly coming on us. (re: "Resist")

Very soon, it is coming a time to Put Up - or Shut Up. (Ala' Wolverines.)

Jan. 6th will be Make, or Break day. I am anxiously awaiting, to see what, if anything happens. My Brother and his Wife are flying in to DC from NM, to be there on that date and time.

I've always viewed myself as a Realist. If the Biden/Harris team get in, it will be Game On, in very short order. IMHO.

I have never seen (in my 59 years) what this Country is currently facing.

Registered
Discussion Starter #34
Not that I am saying to get a "bad black gun" But you CAN HAVE ONE in NY it just has to have a modification to make it legal.
I know because I own a gun shop in NY and make ARs and "other" guns NY compliant.
I looked at the options for a while trying to figure out the price but I eventually gave up on trying to get an AR because I think they made the polymer80 illegal or made it so that you had to get it through an ffl so it kinda eliminates the purpose plus I Can't use an AR with a spur or at least the way I was going to set it up because my hand lost some range of motion after I broke it.

Premium Member
I looked at the options for a while trying to figure out the price but I eventually gave up on trying to get an AR because I think they made the polymer80 illegal or made it so that you had to get it through an ffl so it kinda eliminates the purpose plus I Can't use an AR with a spur or at least the way I was going to set it up because my hand lost some range of motion after I broke it.
Nothing in the safe act regarding polymer lowers. Are you talking about the pistol? for that you need a NY pistol Lic. but it is completely legal.
Yes you have to go thru a FFL but you have to do that with ANY gun. (Or Lower). That includes a buy from a friend.
And all you need to make a AR safe act legal is install a Mag- Lock.
It can still have all the bells and whistles with the Mag- lock.
Where in NY are you?.

Registered
Discussion Starter #38
Nothing in the safe act regarding polymer lowers. Are you talking about the pistol? for that you need a NY pistol Lic. but it is completely legal.
Yes you have to go thru a FFL but you have to do that with ANY gun. (Or Lower). That includes a buy from a friend.
And all you need to make a AR safe act legal is install a Mag- Lock.
It can still have all the bells and whistles with the Mag- lock.
Where in NY are you?.
I was talking about the polymer80 AR lower that is not fully milled therefore it is not considered a firearm making it a "ghost gun" because it is not serialized unless you are producing them for others but I don't think a rifle with 7-10 rounds is worth paying $500-$600 because I just bought a 10/22 for $260 and I find it to be fine for my uses small game, practice, and possibly defense.

Premium Member
I just picked up a Mossberg Maverick 20ga 鈥測outh鈥 for $188.00 plus tax. Grandkids should love it, I can still shoot it and it will be available if needed. :)

Reactions: jbmid1

Registered
As far as I know, the BATFE is after the "Complete 80% polymer 80 kit" with all the parts needed to assemble a complete Glock handgun or an AR after the machining.

21 - 40 of 81 Posts