The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For what viable reason do younger thugs and idiots have for going into a elderly persons home and attacking them. They certainly cant think that the elderly have some magic pot that produces gold or a tree in the house that has 100$ bills growing on it. Are they jonesing for the vitamin gummies or the blood pressure meds or maybe insulin or maybe they want their old worn out shoes and out of date cloths.

In these days and times it appears that one has to be armed around the clock or become a statistic. The statistic that doesnt make a headline like elderly couple murdered in their sleep by a crazed junky or 90 yr old woman gets sucker punched and knocked out while walking to the local grocery.

Sometimes we feel a little crazy setting in our recliners watching tv or reading with a firearm within reach all the time but it is getting to the point that it is almost a requirement. It is almost getting to the point that someone has to stay up and pull guard duty so others in the household can get a nights or days rest.

Here is a story about a few that fought back over the last few days - eye opening.

·
Banned
409 Posts
They home invaded my Aunt and Uncle in Newark NJ - beat them both bloody.
Last white people on the block [Their mistake sadly] Killed my Uncle a year later in a street robbery for pocket change.
You are NOT dealing with intelligence on any level.
Just brainwashed dropouts taught that PD an white is BAD and responsible for all their self created problems.

There's a reason our once great cities are murderfests and violent crime infested areas.
There's a reason good people fled the demonrat ruination.
Who needs more than 1 guess?

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
I don't know what they're looking for, but I'll bet it makes about as much sense as the meth heads who used to live on our road. At a neighborhood watch meeting called about the folks, one of their close neighbors said that the guy of the pair dug up rose bushes in their yard to sell at the flea market. Meth, it's a powerful thing for making dumb people dumber.

·
Registered
6,574 Posts
I don't know what they're looking for, but I'll bet it makes about as much sense as the meth heads who used to live on our road. At a neighborhood watch meeting called about the folks, one of their close neighbors said that the guy of the pair dug up rose bushes in their yard to sell at the flea market. Meth, it's a powerful thing for making dumb people dumber.
That brings up another frightening aspect of these crimes. Desperate, stupid, without logic or the firewalls that keep normal people in check. A person can cooperate, give them everything they want and still suffer violence from these damaged people.
While a firearm is a important tool to deal with these situations prevention is far better……

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
STUPID people go after older folk cause they think there's less resistance. That reminds me of the the idiots going after the "Asian" folks then society calls it a "race" thing? How bout the thugs going after the small stature "Asian" folks because less chance of them getting hurt by them. Try doing that same CRAP with a SUMO Wrestler and see how far they get. Asian folks from what I've seen over the years are smaller and mostly pretty quiet. Pick on the wrong one with a .357 and the thugs will see the difference. :eek: ;)
All the CRAP comes down in the BIG cities. Try that same CRAP out in the country and see how it goes down. LOTS of country roads, less traffic and nobody pays any attention to the circling buzzards. Just more road kill.
AND, the low lives won't be missed. Coyotes need to eat too. ;):)

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
My Pit Buddy is an excellent Watch Dog/deterrent. Either door you come to at my house has a very beefy overhead Dog Trolley terminating with a lead hanging besided the door on a hook. Big bowl, muddy footprints way up on each glass storm door.

You have been warned, if you are paying attention. No way are you going to be able to outrun him.

Obviously Where you choose to live is key.

Had a neighbor told me he caught another neighbor in his yard about to dig up some of his small fruit tree's. Put a round in the ground beside them. Same people I suspected of cleaning out my Peach trees of Peaches, the one time I was gone overnight for work. Another Buddy suspected them of breaking in his house. (Found his signet ring in their driveway.) Grrr................The two problem families have since moved out of our area.

·
GUNZILLA
8,059 Posts
The very reason I own what I like to call my pajama gun, either a .380 or my NAA 22 magnum and they are always on me inside the house. It allows me to get to my real fighting guns or shotgun.

·
Registered
267 Posts
One of my Dr.s once told me I was a target for dopers because I walk with a cane. He said they would think I had pain meds and I would be slow ad easy. We both thought that was funny, because he was the only Dr. I have ever been to that did not try to ban guns and I had my 1911on me whenever I went to my 90-day checkup, and he saw it pretty regular when he checked my back. He had a 90 Berretta, and the receptionist was a reserve deputy, so she had a Glock. Safest I ever felt in a Dr. office. But the dopers out here in the sticks are looking for meds when they hit the old folks, and we are the oldest State for population, but we are also one of the best armed, so with a good dog, home invasions are pretty rare around here.

·
Premium Member
20,718 Posts
Not much in the way of home invasions in my neighborhood. We are less than a mile from the police department. Police response would be 5 minutes or less. My concern is when the government quits throwing money at the problem. Rent moratoriums are coming to an end. I think in certain areas we could see a collapse of society.

Hungry armed people running around. When you see your kids starving you would be capable of doing anything. The government that is running this country right now is totally incompetent. They won't be able to stop this or even control it. This country's real jobs have been sold to China. The people that are responsible for this are ready to get out of this country fast.

·
GUNZILLA
8,059 Posts
One of my Dr.s once told me I was a target for dopers because I walk with a cane. He said they would think I had pain meds and I would be slow ad easy. We both thought that was funny, because he was the only Dr. I have ever been to that did not try to ban guns and I had my 1911on me whenever I went to my 90-day checkup, and he saw it pretty regular when he checked my back. He had a 90 Berretta, and the receptionist was a reserve deputy, so she had a Glock. Safest I ever felt in a Dr. office. But the dopers out here in the sticks are looking for meds when they hit the old folks, and we are the oldest State for population, but we are also one of the best armed, so with a good dog, home invasions are pretty rare around here.
Well dopers are in for a surprise if they ever attacked me, especially if I have my cane with me. I use the cane in lieu of a gun when I am on base taking my wife to her medical appointments and it never fails that she wants to make a pitstop on the way home knowing very well how I feel about being without my firearm. Still she asks and still I never refuse her anything. The cane is my none lethal weapon made of hickory wood.

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
STUPID people go after older folk cause they think there's less resistance. That reminds me of the the idiots going after the "Asian" folks then society calls it a "race" thing? How bout the thugs going after the small stature "Asian" folks because less chance of them getting hurt by them. Try doing that same CRAP with a SUMO Wrestler and see how far they get. Asian folks from what I've seen over the years are smaller and mostly pretty quiet. Pick on the wrong one with a .357 and the thugs will see the difference. :eek: ;)
All the CRAP comes down in the BIG cities. Try that same CRAP out in the country and see how it goes down. LOTS of country roads, less traffic and nobody pays any attention to the circling buzzards. Just more road kill.
AND, the low lives won't be missed. Coyotes need to eat too. ;):)
We had a HUGE bully when I was in High school and even before. I went over to a friends house when I was in 7th or 8th grade. His older brother had this guy in the house. He didn't like my long hair and proceeded to cut it on the spot. He was about 6'7" and outweighed me about 4 times. Needless to say, I was completely helpless against him.

Well about 7-8 years later, he was at a old fashioned "Packy" store and started picking on someone. Two Little asians about my size, 5'7'' told him to stop which made him turn his attention to them. Well, they were Martial arts experts and had him on his knees in the street begging for mercy in a few minutes. Not sure, might have been Bruce Lee. (Just kidding) but you can't judge a person by their size all the time.

Another instance, one of my friends at work was an ex NFL player and his son was 6'7" and number 2 Tai Kwon Do national champion in the US. His son went into the Air Force and then off to Afghanistan when we first went in. He volunteered to go into the caves with the Marine Recons. He was paired up with a guy, once agin, about my height and he later told his dad, I thought I had just gotten into big trouble with this little guy.

When they got to the cave entrance, the "little guy" handed him his weapon and said, here, cover me. He went inside and killed all the goat lovers with his bare hands by himself.

So, you can't always judge someone's fighting ability by their size alone.

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
My preparation in our home is to make the house as hard to enter as possible and then anyone inside must REALLY want to get in which means they are dangerous. I go with that attitude and I feel quite well prepared inside the house. I ALWAYS carry inside the house or out, period. And I ALWAYS have BUGs close by everywhere in the house. I even have hearing protection upstairs and down, IF I have time to access that after arming myself in hand.

I did this in CA first because there were many smash and grab robberies in our neighborhood by young kids, 12-14 years old usually. I didn't want to get in a situation of shooting one of them that young understanding how stupid I was at their age as well. So, I deliberately made it hard to enter my house include smash and grab type robberies. We were one of the few houses that had a robbery in our neighborhood. And yes, I was glad to leave what had just recently been a very nice place to live. And no, I don't miss CA at all, other than our favorite restaurants. But CA itself, I never liked but had a son to be part of his life until he finished college.

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
I like the part about the bully. That's one of those "be careful who you mess with" things.
Had a kid in high school. VERY quiet nerd type and the JOCKS loved messing with him every chance they could. One day he finally had enough. One of the BIGGER jocks started messing with him and the kid snapped. Pulled out a SAP and hit him between the eyes with EVERYBODY watching. The JOCKS stopped messing with him. ;)

When we first moved to the country, I got in with a bunch of younger guys. Me being an Automotive Tech, I kept their rides going.
One of the guys was a weight lifter. Couldn't really tell till you saw him in a tank top. :eek: He bench pressed something like 250 pounds? :cool:One of the nicest guys you would ever meet.
He and his friend were cruising in a hot rod pick up and somebody was giving them crap.
This guy wore a Derby hat, pulled over, crawled out of the cab and kept coming. :eek:The other guys took off and never came back. This guy is a PUSSY CAT but don't tell anybody that.:)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts