Home Project update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bruce FLinch, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Been keeping busy w/ this Home Ownership thing. Keeps me from enjoying the gun ownership thing as much..

The wall started in Feb '08. Included demo of the old wall, removing 20 yards of hill dirt, installing 7 pallets of cement stacker stone. That ended in July '08. Started the room addition in October '08. Couldn't get the Final Inspection passed, because this horses patoot from the County insisted on seeing the drainage system work. Note: there was no drainage system in place when the original house was finalled in 1988. I had to install drainage then,to get rid of a lake in the back yard...:mad: So My Bro-in-Law, Mitch & I worked on the drainage yesterday & got a good flow. Will reinstall the sprinker lines today & bury the pipe. The poor last pic is the view from my upper deck of the Sacramento river about a mile north. 5 miles west is the Mothball Fleet @ Suisun Bay & 3 mile east starts the Sac Delta Valley.

Yep, I need to weed whack my hill again...:eek:T I also need more spare time!

Attached Files:

2. artabr

artabr New Member

That wall looks sharp!!
    Leave it to the inspectors. What a bunch of PITA's. :(
    How's the back? ;) :D

Art

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009

3. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Really good job Bruce. Still a lot of work to go but looks like you are making excellent headway on it. Keep up the good work!

4. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

I have to admit, if I was 25 yrs younger all the work would be done. But 25 yrs ago I couldn't have afforded it either! So I'm being real careful with the back.

Hope to get the Final inspection this week & the yard done in 2 weeks. I can see a light at the end of the tunnel!

5. artabr

artabr New Member

It looks like ya darn near dug a tunnel! :D

Art

6. Vladimir

Vladimir Active Member

7. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

Very very nice Bruce!!!

Inspectors, so many stories to tell, so little time. I'd rather leave them as a memory whenever possible, sometimes that includes when I'm talking to them.

8. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Similar scenes but 10 hours later. Some work completed & late afternoon sun instead of early morning sun.

Ready for the Final grading inspection. All the drain flow positive out to the street. Sprinkler lines reattached, tested & buried. I'm pooped! Can hardly hold up my Scotch. Speaking of which, I have a drinking problem....I'm almost out of Single Malt! :eek:

Attached Files:

• 035.jpg
      035.jpg
      File size:
      81.3 KB
      Views:
    • 036.jpg
      036.jpg
      File size:
      118.7 KB
      Views:
    • 037.jpg
      037.jpg
      File size:
      116.2 KB
      Views:
  9. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Rural Arkansas. But isn't all of Arkansas rural?
  10. WomenofCaliber

WomenofCaliber New Member

That looks awesome Bruce!! You did a great job! Now, can you help me with my yard... just kidding!

11. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

lol did you drain a wetland?:eek: Looks great but why are their neighbors in every direction. Sorry, forgot you live in Calif. and you are not alowed to live out in the country side with the liberal elete.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  12. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

Nice work Bruce. You need to come to Oklahoma and help me build a hillbilly shack "cabin".... :D:D:D:D

mike
    gn

13. Enfield

Enfield New Member

Looks like a great job - well done Bruce

14. pkcgbifaid

pkcgbifaid Member

Very nice! You do good work.

I have been wanting to take advantage of all the first-time home buyer incentives and even found a place I would have loved to have had... 30 acres only 13 miles from the office, 3 bedroom 1 bath with a seperate garage/barn that was almost as big as the house! Unfortunately everyone else had the same idea and by the time I talked to the realtor there were multiple offers on the house and a contract had already been signed.

Guess it's just not meant to be yet.

15. catfish83861

catfish83861 Active Member

Dang good job bruce. When you going to start hiring out? Oh by the way, didn't you hire all this out to the "Undocumented Workers" from your state. Hey Pistol get the bunker ready I'm inbound.:D catfish