The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
44,780 Posts
You guys are over thinking this thing. I have shot both 30-06 and .308 with this sled with no issues. The rear cup is lined with 1/2 EPDM foam and the 3 feet are rubber padded to reduce slippage but when shooting large caliber it does move some, enough to dissipate the recoil. It's not like the thing is bolted down and 100% rigid. I do like the bubble level idea and have added a magnetic level to the cross bar but not really sure it's going to add much. Unlike 270 Petload, I am not shooting competition and while a 1/4 group is sweet as all get out it's not necessary for hunting Varmint, Deer or other game. I'm perfectly happy with a 1" group at 2-300 yards. Also, FWIW, a google search of commercially available gun rests show a variety of styles, some with solid butt plates and some open allowing your shoulder to absorb the recoil. One of the higher end ones here…
I have to agree with you, some folks are way over thinking it! It is a good looking rest and should be functional, if it works for you, it is good!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts