Hopkins & Allen Arms 32

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by cmcsca, Apr 15, 2009.

1. cmcsca

cmcsca New Member

I inherited a Hopkins & Allen Arms Co. 32 cal. revolver when my father passed away. It says "Safety Police" on top of the barrel it is 5 shot, and has a one piece wooden hadgrip screwed on from the bottom, with SN E2118. I was wondering the approximate age and value of this handgun.

2. bronce

bronce New Member

good luck, i have the very same pistol. pat. 1905 Aug. 2nd. serial no. e1261
    I'am also wondering it's value ?

3. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

i have no serial number records for the Hopkins & Allen Safety Police model, all i can tell you is this model was made between 1906 and about 1915 or so. during this time there must have been a lot of them made because i have seen other with different letter codes in the serial number.

H&A advertize this revolver as being safe for smokelss powder in a 1910 catalog but in the same catalog it also said that 923 rounds were fired thru one of these revolver without failure. to me that means on the 924 rounds that there was a failure so it would be best not to fire this revolver with smokelss ammo after all these years. i personally consider all H&A revolver suitable only for blackpowder ammo only.
    bill