The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a Hopkins &Allen Arms Co. reciever group with stock. The reciever group cleaned up good but the stock is badly damaged. Serial # on the reciever group is A9128. I would like to know if it is traceable and if it is possible to aquire a replacement barrel. Even if the weapon is not operable I would like to complete it for show.
Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
H&A made many thousands of shotguns in a couple of different designs, all in the "utility" class. The company went out of business c. 1915 and AFAIK there are no parts available for their shotguns. The value is low, around $300 for one in like-new condition and fully functional. The value of one in the condition you describe is nil.

Barrels could be made, but only at a cost in four figures; a stock would have to be made and that would run at least $400.

I hate to say this, but the gun is valueless and if you did spend the money to have it fixed, it would still have little or no value. If it is good enough for a wall hanger, use it for display, but I strongly advise against spending any time or money on it.

Jim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts