The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm reloading some 7mm mag and have bought the hornady 162g eld-x to give it a try. I've looked online a couple of places I get load data from with no luck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did but the only thing I could find was a link to buy a manual. If you have a link to the load data I'd love to have it!

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I shoot them (162 ELD-X ) out of my Rem. 700. My rifle preffers Fed 215 primer and RL-22 powder. I use Rem brass. Best accuracy from my rifle has come at near max load from my Hornady 9th edition manual. As Slayer has indicated I am using data for the A Max bullet. Other powders I tried that gave acceptable,for me, accuracy were Retumbo and H-1000.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll have to check out my manual and see which one I have. As far as for the 7 mag I have a few pounds of accurate magpro and some federal mag primers I was hoping to use. I'm not opposed to trying a different powder I just want to use up some of my stock before buying more. It's not hard to accumulate 15-20 lbs of powder trying to get best results for different calibers. I'm almost powder poor.

·
Registered
652 Posts
They are in the 10th edition manual. I don't have one to hand at the moment, but it should use the same data as the other 162gr class bullets just at a possibly different OAL.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Ok, the Hornady 10th edition manual uses the same 3.290" AOL and load data as all of their other 162gr bullets for the 7mm Magnum. Based on that I'd say don't treat it any differently.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you! I went ahead and ordered the 10th edition. I had been using the 9th and hadn't realized they had come out with a updated version.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts