The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
19,354 Posts
i hate lee lock rings. i repalce them with rcbs any time I use a lee die. seems liek their orings differ from batch to batch.. some are so loose they are useless.

luckilly the proce of bulk lock ringgs from another brand are cheap eno=ught that using a lee die is still a money saver even if I have to double nut it..

· Registered
19,354 Posts
i'm following ya.

the bushing locks into the press stronger than the die into the bushing.. thus you cannot use the die to remove bushing and die as a unit.

that's another reason I like the rcbs lock rings. they have a nifty slide over wrench that slips down over the die and the lock ring and turns it out without touching the die itself.

as to your snug bushing problem.

is it doing it on all your bushings.. or just 1?

· Registered
19,354 Posts
half of mine have orings soooooo loose they fall out of the lock ring.. and these aren't used sets.. all new.

( does anyone buy a used lee die set? what could they cost? 5$ :) ;) )

I still like the value of the die though...

· Registered
19,354 Posts
clean the bushings very well with a spray solvent and alcohol.. wipe dray and set a few minutes. take a black magic marker and mark all over the outside of the bushings... at least do 1 tight one and the one that seems to be more ok.

insert and seat them then remove.

look at the witnes marks where the marker has been removed.

see if you can notice a pattern.. remove slowly so you can tell what grooves were in what area .. might help you see some deformation or machine work error on the press or the bushings.

post back

· Registered
19,354 Posts
i do it on tractor parts.. I used to use a blue die.. but marker works in a pinch.

same deal with using play dough or a bit of grese on something then screwing something down and checking for clearance.

tinker stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.