The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my third video on the priming system of the Hornady LNL Progressive press. If anyone has issues with primers hanging up this will help get it dialed in. The video is far from perfect and at one point I refer to the powder as primers but oh well, I will never work for Hollywood anyway.

I hope it helps anyone who has issues with their presses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKzL6g8o41A

·
TFFWPP President
13,897 Posts
cool and informative video. thanks Mr. Morgan ;)

now all I have to do is find a horse and grab a hair to use on press adjustments. any particular breed of horse?

and I have to say, I like the new shirt better than the last one.

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool and informative video. thanks Mr. Morgan ;)

now all I have to do is find a horse and grab a hair to use on press adjustments. any particular breed of horse?

and I have to say, I like the new shirt better than the last one.
Next time you see Norahc, pluck a hair from him. The hair won't work but it will be fun watching him squirm. :D

Thanks for watching the video.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
great tip on how to attach the spring to the primer shoe! i have been using needle nose pliars :( and it never really was a good solution

"I just caught a fish"!

you got some teaching skills, another good vid :)

baby blue Di$$on got nuttin' on Big Red LnL :dance:

you gotta get you a bushing for your Redding Big Boss so you can use the quick change fittings in there... did this with my Rockchucker, works really well...

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Another fine job brother.:thumbsup: When you do the other video on dies, maybe include what you do to keep your dies clean, what you use, how you use it, and how often. I read last week about a guy who polishes his. Not sure if that includes cabine dies also? I've always cleaned mine when ever I was done with a caliber, but the polishing thing seemed to make sense to keep them even a little more slick from stock. Just a thought;):dancingdots::dancingdots::dancingdots::dancingdots:

·
Registered
986 Posts
Well I am a proud owner of LNL #2. Yep! #2. I could not pass it up for $395.00 out the door. New in the box. Now i had problems with the first one, but them are all ironed out and she works fine. The 2nd one will be just for large primer only, and the first one is and will stay set up for small primer only. Now on #2 I am going to set every thing up just like Highboy and see if i get the same results as he does. Someone has to test is work. He does like pink!:lmao2: He has done one fine job on them videos.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
when i got my LnL press 2 years ago i read the directions and greased the ram using the grease zerks... when it gets cold the ram is hard to push, doh! per the vid, i cleaned off the grease and used some Remi Oil, so much better now... thank you HB! did a 100 rounds of 45 acp for my son today and it was much smoother on the pull

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
when i got my LnL press 2 years ago i read the directions and greased the ram using the grease zerks... when it gets cold the ram is hard to push, doh! per the vid, i cleaned off the grease and used some Remi Oil, so much better now... thank you HB! did a 100 rounds of 45 acp for my son today and it was much smoother on the pull
The Rem Oil is what I was using before I had the SBGO and it did a great job. I am a fan of Rem-Oil. One thing I like about Rem-Oil is it has a teflon additive and if you have a blued gun that has a little rust you can take some steel wool and gently rub the rusted area with the Rem-Oil and steel wool and usually the rust will come off without leaving any scratches provided you don't put too much muscle into it.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Good video. I especially like the tip on removing the primer tube when it is full. I had been using a business card to slip under the open end, but like your way better.

I notice your ram is different than mine. Mine has a grease ring milled in that fills with grease when you pump a little in the zerk. It keeps the ram lubed pretty well and does not bind up like others have commented on.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good video. I especially like the tip on removing the primer tube when it is full. I had been using a business card to slip under the open end, but like your way better.

I notice your ram is different than mine. Mine has a grease ring milled in that fills with grease when you pump a little in the zerk. It keeps the ram lubed pretty well and does not bind up like others have commented on.
My ram is identicle to yours. I greased my ram as well in the beginning but then I used the Rem-Oil and I liked it mush better, and then once I got the SBGO that is all I use now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts