The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
41,407 Posts
That is craziness. It was just at $161 with 4 minutes when I looked at it. I guess everything gun related has gone completely bonkers!!

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, it just went for 167.50. I just saw a #16 shell plta about a week ago. I guess I will buy it if it is still there.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Looking at completed listings I see Hornady LNL presses selling for $650.00, common caliber die sets are going for $75 - $100.

Maybe I should sell off my reloading equipment for about twice what I paid then buy new stuff next year when everything settles down.

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looking at completed listings I see Hornady LNL presses selling for $650.00, common caliber die sets are going for $75 - $100.

Maybe I should sell off my reloading equipment for about twice what I paid then buy new stuff next year when everything settles down.
I had the same thought. :D

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hold on to your equipment, and make sure it is locked up, as we will be the only ones who have ammo in a year :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am an Ebay seller and deal in reloading equipment frequently. I Have noticed some of the crazy prices obtained in auctions. The people making these high bids ( and paying promptly) have to know what they are doing and that the item can be obtained for less from the manufacturer, I just cant not believe that people that re load are that ill informed, that just does not fit the profile of a reloaded. I believe that some people are getting the things that they need or want from these private sellers (not the manufacturer authorized dealers or directly from the manufacturer) because they do not want the paper trail. They are willing to pay more to avoid it. So I believe that there is a paranoia aspect to these high prices. These people may not live close enough to a brick and mortar establishment to feasibly allow them to do cash deals in person.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts