Hot Sauce

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cycloneman, Apr 5, 2009.

Hot Sauce

Poll closed Apr 10, 2009.
  1. Tabasco Hot Sauce

23 vote(s)
    48.9%
  2. Louisiana Hot Sauce

17 vote(s)
    36.2%
  3. Crystal Hot Sauce

6 vote(s)
    12.8%
  4. Cajun Chef Hot Sauce

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  1. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

what is your favorite? I know there are plenty out there but i am limiting to the cajun ones as far as the poll goes. go ahead chime in. i perfer Louisiana, to me its got the right amount of heat and pleanty of flavor.

2. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Well-Known Member

Tabasco Habanero... If you haven't tried it. YUM!

Of course, as with any spice, it only goes with certain dishes. My favorite is to mix it with catchup at about 20 - 80 and eat my fries with it.

I don't see my real favorites listed here, but the Tabasco Habanero is pretty dang good.

Crpdeth

3. Monkey Hollow

Monkey Hollow Member

Well, I voted for Tabasco, and I use the Chipotle variety. Some of my favorites are made by Try Me brand. Of these, the one with the all around best flavor is Tennessee Sunshine. It doesn't pack a lot of heat, so it is good for guests that can't really tolerate heat in their sauce. Being a pepperhead, I use Endorphin Rush. A little bit goes a real long ways. For on french fries, just dip the tip of a toothpick in the bottle, and stir it into a small dish of Ketchup, then dip the fries into that. I'm sweating just thinking about it!

4. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

LA hot, or Trappy's LA hot. Good heat but better flavor.

5. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Sorry, y' all, I can't stand any kind of hot sauce. In fact, when I have meat, I just want MEAT - - nothing else on or with it unless a good green salad.

6. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I like Texas Pete for most items because it's not hot enough to slow my eating and it's got just the right amount of flavor. I like Tabasco when I can slow down eating and savor the flavor. I once added Tabasco to an already-spicy steak and cheese sub before I taste-tested the sub (bad mistake). I spent about an hour and a half finishing that sub. It was good but there were a lot of tears and drinks involved. :)

7. pawn

pawn Active Member

Dave's INSANITY Sauce :eek:

8. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Rural Arkansas. But isn't all of Arkansas rural?
    I voted for Tabasco. I really like it over my eggs and I like their chipotle mixed with butter and injected into my fried turkey. I like a lot of different hot sauces depending on what they are going with.

9. Vladimir

Vladimir Active Member

Tapateo (sp?) and Chalua are a couple of my favorites. I normally buy the cheap stuff that comes in like a liter bottle for a couple bucks at Wally's.

10. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Can't eat it with acid reflux.

Pops

11. artabr

artabr New Member

This one hits close to home. ;) :D
    I gotta go with plain ol' Tabasco.
    Out of the 4 brands in the poll, 3 are located with in 10 miles from my house.
    Crystal is the odd guy out. They are out of New Orleans.

Haligns pick, Trappy's La. Hot Sauce was located on the same street that I live on. They were 6 blocks away.
    The company was bought out and has moved. They make some great products. Their canned peas & beans are the only ones that I'll use if I don't feel like soaking dried beans.

Another company, Franks Tea & Spice also use make a hot sauce here. They were bought out by Durkee. I'm not sure if their plant is still here or not. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank's_Red_Hot

Art

12. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Art

shrimp season is around the corner.:D usually kicks off on mothers day in May, for those of you that dont know. The trout start jumping in the bays and the frying is ON!. Ketchup, hot sauce and lemon. Holy shmoly, i'll be posting some pics this summer.

13. yellerdawg

yellerdawg Former Guest

I voted for the louisiana sauce....all are good. When I go down
    South to friends , we use them on Shrimp , Gumbo
    and Boudin sauage,

14. artabr

artabr New Member

Aw, dude, you done went and got me all hungry. ;) :p :D

Man, a big old plate of fried shrimp & oysters with maybe a couple of jumbo shrimp stuffed with crab. :p :D

Art

15. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Well I voted for Crystal. It has the right balance of flavor and heat for me. But a real close contender would be Tabasco Chipotole sauce. Crystal is the best for tacos and fish.