The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious, does anybody besides me have one of these? What's your opinion of it? Mine is the S&W 1911A1 blued finish. Never had any negative issues with it. Anybody else have an opinion or whatnot about these? o_O

·
Premium Member
20,310 Posts
I was in the market for a 1911 a few years ago and a member that has them all recommended the S&W. It was a little more than I wanted to spend so I went with a Ruger. The S&W sure is a pretty gun.

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was in the market for a 1911 a few years ago and a member that has them all recommended the S&W. It was a little more than I wanted to spend so I went with a Ruger. The S&W sure is a pretty gun.
I paid exactly $950.00 for a used one, it came with 2 magazines and he through in 500 rounds of ammunition. That was also 3 years ago.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
I don't have one, but everything I've read about them and comments from owners say they are the absolute best 1911 on the market. On the flip side I have a Taurus 1911 that is very accurate and eats everything from low power semi-wadcutters to military style ball to hot hollow points, all without a hiccup.

·
GUNZILLA
7,547 Posts
I have my eye on this one but at the moment I am actively seeking for an 1874 Sharps rifle in 45/70 with Creedmore sight or Vernier sights. But I am going to buy this one in about 3 to 4 months as that is how long it will take me to save.

Reactions: dbcooper

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
My buddy has a stainless Smith 1911 that I have had occasion to shoot many times, the pistol is accurate and functions 100% of the time with very manageable recoil. If I did not already have a pile of 1911’s the S&W would be tempting.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't like fancy stuff on my guns. I like guns that work all of the time. If a defensive handgun ain't 100% reliable, it ain't worth excrement.

Buy an S&W 1911. You'll love it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts