HOW ARE YA FOLKS? ( 1 2 )

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ruffitt, Feb 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

Tac401
    Administrator
    (9/23/01 9:33:31 pm)
    | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    HOW ARE YA FOLKS?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just sit'in here hav'in a hot cup read'in all of the
    threads and glad to have such a great bunch of
    folks here at our corner of the map, a diverse
    group yes, but from what I see for the most part
    a wonderful tightly knit family, the kind that makes
    ya want ta pull up a chair by the fireside, read and
    join in on the conversations when ya feel like.

You folks are the top of the gold crown as far as I'm
    concerned, thanks for keeping us all together folks
    and thanks to all you new folks arriving daily to join
    us too.

We'll see this thing through, don't you worry!

Thumbs Up Folks!

Regards, Tac
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

TallTLynn
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (9/23/01 9:38:28 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: HOW ARE YA FOLKS?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hiya Tac,

We'll make it through this one way or the other and be stronger for it.

As for me - right now running back and forth to the bathroom (sigh).

BlackGun
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/23/01 9:50:03 pm)
    Hey Tac, we missed your words of wisdom! Hows the wife? Did ya get the porch fixed? You bet we're gonna make it through this and together, may I add.
    rules for survival: Sight alignment, Breath control, & Trigger Squeeze
    BlackGUN

LIKTOSHOOT
    (9/23/01 9:57:51 pm)
    Smoking in the bathroom again, huh? Shame on you!!!! Feels good I bet ......just like back in high school. hehehehhe
    America, we are the symbol of Freedom and Liberty......

Tac401
    Administrator
    (9/23/01 10:25:46 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: HOW ARE YA FOLKS?
    T,

I hears ya, been through that bathroom thing,
    can't say I enjoyed it all too much but let us know
    if any of us kin give ya a hep'in hand hehe! Get well
    soon Kiddo!

BG,

The little lady is start'n to do just fine and yep
    the porch is doin good too!

LTS,

How'd you know what I was doin? LOL!

I shall return shortly folks!

Regards, Tac

280freak
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/23/01 10:49:10 pm)
    Tac -

Doing fine, thanks fer asking. Very happy to be able to be a part, if only a small one, of your "family" here.

Am constantly awed by the depth of knowledge exhibited by the people here, learn something new almost every time I pop in here.

BlackGun
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/23/01 11:19:29 pm)
    Freakie: You need to start a new yarn, we had a blast with the last one. Thanks for getting it started, it was great.
    BlackGUN

warpig883
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/24/01 5:02:03 am)
    Tac, I'll take a cup of that hot stuff if ya don't mind. I need a night just sitting by the fire with some good conversation. Hunting season is getting closer and all those hunting trip to do just that.

I really want to thank you for keeping this place going. It is a great place to hang out.
    I fear we have awaked a sleeping giant and filled it with a terrible resolve. Jap. Admiral Yamamota directly after Pearl Harbor.

Spanish Cruffler
    (9/24/01 5:07:34 am)
    Battling a head cold - that time of the year. Weather changing, kids bringing germs home from school. Think I'll call it the Afghan flu.

Xracer
    (9/24/01 7:13:52 am)
    Sounds like biological warfare.....first Polish, now "T" and Bob. Time to put on my surgical mask and tinfoil hat.

Time for the Xracer Cure: Take two asprin, go to bed and get lots of excerise.

Spanish Cruffler
    (9/24/01 7:21:19 am)
    Interesting that you mention the surgical masks - over the past week I have seen numerous people out and about wearing these things - do they think it will prevent germ warfare? Every military surplus gas mask in the area has been sold out, and everyone has them backordered. In the event of a massive bio attack, all the gas masks will do is prolong the inevitable. These folks also don't realize they need to be fitted for these masks, and probably wouldn't even know the proper techniques of putting them on and doing positive and negative fit testing. Oh well, I guess if it gives them a sense of comfort ---

kdubaz
    (9/24/01 1:10:22 pm)
    Yeah, that's right, Bob -

All the surplus stores in my area are sold out, also. Even the biological suits! Hope the folks know that to do any good, they'll have to have the stuff with them at all times - in and out of the john, in bed, or eating breakfast! Oh well, fools and their money!

Sounds like there's a bug goin' 'round - hope it misses down here. 'Course, it'd have to survive the 110 deg (dry) heat to infect anyone. I always tell everyone, we won't see the last 100 deg day until the 15th of October - maybe even longer, this year! (Bitch, bitch, bitch!).

Gettin' the shootin' irons lined up for the upcoming deer seasons, starting next month. YEEEHAWWWWW!
    Keep below the ridgeline!

LIKTOSHOOT
    (9/24/01 1:45:35 pm)
    DANG! Forgot to answer the question. I`m doing fine, took my fall shower and am now good till Christmas.....gotta at least smell good for squirrel camp coming up soon, no stinkies in the fart sacks..................
    America, we are the symbol of Freedom and Liberty......

Tac401
    Administrator
    (9/24/01 6:58:23 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    A fine group ye all are indeed!

Bob,

Guess what? I've had the same damn bug for a week
    now too, the worst part for me is the crap that keeps
    building up in my lungs.

Glad to hear all is well folks!

TallTLynn
    (9/24/01 7:07:59 pm)
    Tac - do you have problems sleeping as well?

I've discovered that sleeping in a recliner is about the only way to get more than 2 hours of sleep a night while all this is going on.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (9/24/01 7:13:25 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    You bet T,

I can't get more than a couple hours sleep either
    even with the nightime cold medicine crap.

The hacking of the crap in my lungs drives me
    up a wall and when I lay down the coughing
    fit starts

warpig883
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/24/01 7:17:21 pm)
    I got bugs too.
    I fear we have awaked a sleeping giant and filled it with a terrible resolve. Jap. Admiral Yamamota directly after Pearl Harbor.

BlackGun
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/24/01 7:23:00 pm)
    Piggy, they ain't talkin about them kind of bugs! I told ya and I told ya "stay away from the hoochie mama's
    BlackGUN

warpig883
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/24/01 7:35:25 pm)
    where do ya think the hoochie mamas got the bugs. They got tape worms from Agunguy. That one with the yaller hair has one that must be 3 feet long. It only comes out when the lights are out. Talk about something grabbing ahold of ya and giving ya a scare.

AGunguy
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/24/01 8:41:16 pm)
    Buy peniscilin by the barrel its cheaper that way. And lay in few tubs of Mrs. Omelyas blue oinment.

And stay the heck out of those hoochie mommas parlors. If TAC catches you guys in there again he's gonna bust you down to apprentice boots.

Gunguy

warpig883
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/24/01 8:44:50 pm)
    What do ya mean if Tac catches us. You ought to see the bill he has built up at the Pump House. Ain't that right Blackgun.

BlackGun
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/24/01 9:21:21 pm)
    Warpigs right! GG, Tac came in the first time with a $5000.00 limit on his master card, When he came in last night we had to cut his card in half, he done run his card over it's limit. And on top of that, he wanted us to pay the doctor bill.
    BlackGUN

Tac401
    Administrator
    (9/24/01 9:57:25 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Got me another one a them cards fellers so I'm
    good to go agin! hehe!

SXSMAN
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/24/01 10:16:45 pm)
    Things are fine in the sxs camp.Our plane got in from LAX at 9:45 tonight and LAX is still

a bit of a ghost town .Things at Port Columbus are picking up,but heard Northwest let some

people go last friday.Came into work,were told it was their last day.

Went to the UCLA vs OSU game.We got spanked pretty good.

Wife and I went to Venis beach.Good to see some freaks from time to time.LA's too big
    and fast for me.

Clicked my heels three times and said "There's no place like home"

Oh and T,I got home safe so you don't get my guns!

TallTLynn
    (9/24/01 10:35:57 pm)
    SXSMAN - I'm just glad you are back - you can keep your guns - though I'd still like that flintlock.

AGunguy
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/24/01 10:42:42 pm)
    Good gosh gerty! They got ol TAC too? Now why do them arabs think we are so decadent just because some of the boys like to let off a little steam now and then. Blackgun and piggy let off more than steam though. Hee hee.

Gunguy

shooter22
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/24/01 11:49:37 pm)
    Tac and others, sorry to hear of ill health, hope you get better! This is the only thing I don't have to worry about, I have so much antibiotics in me from past stuff, I could kill a black widow spider if it bit me.

SXSMAN, You went all the way to LA and did not have the courage to stop by and get you punishment! Wait till next time I guess!

shooter22

Xracer
    (9/25/01 7:46:09 am)
    SXS....Northworst is laying off 20% of it's workforce....about 10,000 people....mostly in the Twin Cities and Detroit. They're also discontinuing in-flight meals (like they ever served them)....guess that means no more of those wonderful little bags of 5 peanuts.

Continental has also announced a 20% reduction in their workforce.

I wonder if carry-on bread and bologna are considered dangerous weapons.

Bob In St Louis
    (9/25/01 8:13:59 am)
    The night time hacking crud - yup. Didn't get any sleep night before last, went to work, felt like I was going to die all day long. Had to do an asbestos survey in an old apartment complex in one of the least desireable portions of St. Louis - concealed carry may not be leagle here in Missouri, but in some cases common sense and self preservation counter the law. Anyway the stench and crap I saw made me retch several times - normally I have an iron stomach and it doesn't bother me. Got home last night, running a fever of 102. Decided to stay home today with the worm eatin' dog, maybe go over to the Doc-In-The-Box in awhile and get some antibiotics.

Damn Afghan flu.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

kdubaz
    (9/25/01 12:28:23 pm)
    Sure hope all you ailing folk get better fast - this ain't the time of the year (huntin' season) to start showing up poorly!!

You guys runnin' yore luck out at the oil n' ashes change shop had better be mighty careful - they's things going 'round that make Army training films look like Walt Disney movies!! 'Member and oldtime pipeline welder telling me back when I was a pup, "Ain't nothin' more overrated than sex, and as underrated as a good, healty bowel movement!" Gotta admit, in my mature years now, I understand completely what he wuz trying to tell me!
    Keep below the ridgeline!

KimberRuger
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/25/01 1:18:55 pm)
    Rumor has it that "Bob's Special Blend" will not only cure whatever ails ya, it's pretty good preventative medicine as well.

Not able to speak from experience, but I imagaine that 6 parts BSB and one part ice would kill any little (or big) bugs. A combination of 6 parts BSB and one part coffee (for warmth, plus a caffeine speeds the stuff through the system) works terrific as well.

Patrick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.