HOW COULD GOD....?? ( 1 2 )

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ruffitt, Mar 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

tuckerd1
    (11/6/01 8:49:26 am)
    | Edit | Del All HOW COULD GOD....??
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    On National TV - Billy Graham's daughter was being interviewed on the Early Show and Jane Clayson asked her "How could God let something like this happen?"

And Anne Graham gave an extremely profound and insightful response. She said "I believe that God is deeply saddened by this, just as we are, but for years we've been telling God to get out of our schools, to get out of our government and to get out of our lives. And being the gentleman that He is, I believe that He has calmly backed out. How can we expect God to give us His blessing and His protection if we demand that He leave us alone?"

In light of recent events...terrorists attack, school shootings, etc. Let's see, I think it started when Madeline Murray O'Hare (she was murdered, her body was found recently) complained she didn't want any prayer in our schools, and we said OK.

Then, someone said you better not read the Bible in school... the Bible that says thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not steal,and love your neighbor as yourself. And we said, OK.

Then, Dr. Benjamin Spock said we shouldn't spank our children when they misbehave because their little personalities would be warped and we might damage their self-esteem (Dr. Spock's son committed suicide) And we said, an expert should know what he's talking about so we said OK.

Then, someone said teachers and principals better not discipline our children when they misbehave. And the school administrators said no faculty member in this school better touch a student when they misbehave
    because we don't want any bad publicity, and we surely don't want to be sued (There's big difference between disciplining and touching and beating, smacking, humiliating, kicking, etc.) And we said, OK.

Then someone said, let's let our daughters have abortions if they want, and they won't even have to tell their parents. And we said, OK.

Then some wise school board member said, since boys will be boys and they're going to do it anyway, let's give our sons all the condoms they want, so they can have all the fun they desire, and we won't have to tell their parents they got them at school. And we said, OK.

Then some of our top elected officials said it doesn't matter what we do in private as long as we do our jobs. And agreeing with them, we said it doesn't matter to me what anyone, including the President, does in private as long as I have a job and the economy is good.

And then someone said let's print magazines with pictures of nude women and call it wholesome, down-to-earth appreciation for the beauty of the female body. And we said, OK.

And then someone else took that appreciation a step further and published pictures of nude children and then stepped further still by making them available on the internet. And we said OK, they're entitled to their free speech.

And then the entertainment industry said, let's make TV shows and movies that promote profanity, violence, and illicit sex. And let's record music that encourages rape, drugs, murder, suicide, and satanic themes. And we said it's just entertainment, it has no adverse effect,and nobody takes it seriously anyway, so go right ahead.

Now we're asking ourselves why our children have no conscience, why they don't know right from wrong, and why it doesn't bother them to kill strangers, their classmates, and themselves. Probably, if we think about it long and hard enough,we can figure it out.

I think it has a great deal to do with "WE REAP WHAT WE SOW."

"Dear God, Why didn't you save the little girl killed in her classroom?" Sincerely, Concerned Student...

AND THE REPLY "Dear Concerned Student, I am not allowed in schools". Sincerely, God.

Funny how simple it is for people to trash God and then wonder why the world's going to hell. Funny how we believe what the newspapers say, but question what the Bible says.

Funny how everyone wants to go to heaven provided they do not have to believe, think, say, or do anything the Bible says.

Funny how someone can say "I believe in God" but still follow Satan who, by the way, also "believes" in God.

Funny how we are quick to judge but not to be judged.

Funny how you can send a thousand 'jokes' through e-mail and they spread like wildfire, but when you start sending messages regarding the Lord, people think twice about sharing.

Funny how the lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene pass freely through cyberspace, but the public discussion of God is suppressed in the school and workplace.

Funny how someone can be so fired up for Christ on Sunday, but be an invisible Christian the rest of the week.

Are you laughing?

Funny how when you go to forward this message, you will not send it to many on your address list because you're not sure what they believe, or what they will think of you for sending it to them. Funny how I can be more worried about what other people think of me than what God thinks of me.

Are you thinking?

If you think this message has merit, share it. If not, then just discard it....no one will know you did. But, if you discard this thought process, then don't sit back and complain about what bad shape the world is in!

obelix2
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/6/01 9:08:46 am)
    | Edit | Del OT, but I'd like to know
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    any details you have on MM O'Hare's murder. The last I heard, she had just disappeared. Of course, murder does have that effect.

LIKTOSHOOT
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (11/6/01 9:36:53 am)
    | Edit | Del Re: OT, but I'd like to know
    Yep, some bones and teeth identified as hers and the guy is doing time for a related (to) her death. Greed has a funny way of coming back around to bite you.....for the love of money.
    America, we are the symbol of Freedom and Liberty......

AGunguy
    (11/6/01 9:51:26 am)
    Guess old Madeline found out if there is an after life or not.

Gunguy

Edited by: AGunguy at: 11/6/01 9:53:08 am

BlackGun
    (11/6/01 12:06:26 pm)
    Did anybody get the point of the topic? I did, Thanks, Don, Great post!
    rules for survival: Sight alignment, Breath control, & Trigger Squeeze
    BlackGUN

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (11/6/01 12:36:05 pm)
    Tuckerd1...THANK YOU !!!! This is one of the best post that I have seen in awhile. I will be passing it on !!!!

Why is simplification a longer word than complexity?

Zigzag2
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (11/6/01 12:47:00 pm)
    Thanks Tuckerd... a wonderful post, and certainly something to share!

Zig

southernfreedom
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/6/01 1:03:47 pm)
    | Edit | Del How could God?
    I got the point of the post. My feeling as a
    Christian is that God allowed this to happen, perhaps because we have
    turned our backs on Him as a nation, I'm really not sure if that is why.
    I do know the Bible says that if a country will honor and obey God's laws
    and commands He will bless that country abundantly. We as a nation have
    not honored God.

southernfreedom
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/6/01 1:07:34 pm)
    | Edit | Del How could God?
    OBTW, I saw Billy Graham's daughter give this interview
    live on the morning news. When she started talking about this nation turning our
    backs on God the moderator
    looked uneasy and uncomfortable and quickly ended the interview. Heaven forbid
    anyone would point out the rank immorality of this country.

BlackGun
    (11/6/01 1:10:10 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: How could God?
    I agree Bruce! We need to get back to the basics. Just think, we could be a starving nation, always in fear,No freedom, wondering if we will live to see the next sun rise. Even my yard boy has a cell phone!
    rules for survival: Sight alignment, Breath control, & Trigger Squeeze
    BlackGUN

southernfreedom
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/6/01 4:12:38 pm)
    | Edit | Del How could God..........
    Hey Blackgun, yep, everyone and his uncle has a cell phone.
    I just got one because with all the minutes of long distance that came with
    it I don't need a long distance carrier anymore and it is actually cheaper
    now than using a corded phone. Please send me your email. My computer
    crashed. Anyone know why my little icon is not appearing under my name?

southernfreedom
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/6/01 4:16:25 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: HOW COULD GOD....??
    I just logged in. Maybe that will help me. OBTW, since we're talking about God and spiritual things
    I hope we triple our bombing during Ramadam dam dam or whatever the heck they call it. And no,
    I have no respect for the Muslim religion.

AGunguy
    (11/6/01 4:30:00 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: HOW COULD GOD....??
    In the true light of religions, evil people have manipulated the Muslim faith that has been hyjacked by fanatics much like the cults in this county have hyjacked the Christian faith and its principals.

Once again, it is mortal men and women who cause and let this happen, don't think God has turned his back on this USA, we have been blessed more than anyother nation on this planet.

This terrorist evil is yet another ploy to destroy mankind that is God's patient and noble experiment. It will effect many of the other nations in the course of time as well as our own.

Gunguy

HerbyJr
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/6/01 5:04:14 pm)
    | Edit | Del Watch out for evil.
    I had a close family member die in the OKC bombing. Our family was being visited by Christian counselor afterwards and he brought up something that I will always remeber. He said that often in our everyday lives we forget that evil exists in this world. On a daily basis most of us get caught up in our everyday lives and seldom think about the spiritual realm. Evil is a real and powerful force. Can God stop evil? Absolutely. Does he? Absolutely. Does he always protect us from evil happenings? Obviously not.

No one has ever made the case that life is going to be fair and easy. We just have to deal with it as it comes and try to make enough sense out of it to keep us sane.

I really believe that there is more good than evil in the world. Unfortunately, evil wins some battles. However, it is my belief that God will win the war.

That's it for my philisophical speech. Anyone wanna shoot something?

H.

AGunguy
    (11/6/01 6:11:32 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: Watch out for evil.
    Yeah, I'd like to shoot something...but he's hiding in a cave over in Taliban country...soon no doubt Afghanistan will be liberated to another state of some Muslim decay that gives no grace to its poor and down trodden victims.

GG

tuckerd1
    (11/6/01 6:38:32 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: Watch out for evil.
    When it is all said and done it will be a test of faith. Those that put their everyday life into HIS hands will be victorious.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (11/6/01 11:09:30 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Watch out for evil.
    Exellent post Don, we can only hope that this
    country starts to get back more of the values
    we once strived for.
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

twins
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/7/01 7:21:13 am)
    | Edit | Del HOW COULD GOD....??
    Think about this, how many of the people murdered on the 11th went to church every Sunday, taught their children right from wrong, didn't ogle men OR women, etc, etc, etc...... They deserved to die? Do you KNOW they turned their back to God? I don't think you do. Fair and righteous is punishing all for the actions of some, I disagree. If it is, we are all in a world of shit. WE as a nation have not turned our backs to God, Our so called gov't, presidents AND the ACLU may have, but the nation has not. The three bodies of the government can act with morality and keep god in school, as well as discipline. Seems no one in the gov't wants to use the checks and balances. These "laws" can be overturned that keep kids from praying, etc.. The president can veto, congress can vote and the "judges" can be "righteous" in their rulings, not pc.

Please note that "you" is not directed at any one person.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (11/7/01 8:21:53 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: HOW COULD GOD....??
    Gotta agree with ya there Twins!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.