The Firearms Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts
Dang Alpo, your making me hungry. But, double the bacon and it has to be extra thick. Then, it may sound weird, but put some lay's potato chips on it and it will be over the top. Lastly, a nice cold Pepsi with that. ;)
I used to love putting Lays on all my sandwiches as a kid!

I went to cheeseland last week, and the truck stop I went to had BLT on the menu with a slight twist. It was bologna, lettuce and tomato.

those who beat their guns into plowshares, will plow for those who didn't

A friend is a maint guy for a local restaurant chain, well freezer was going to go bad, company decided to give all the meat away.

Well I have 40+ pieces of that big cut restaurant bacon now in our freezer.

NEXT, BLTs! Ummm, mmmmm. Some tomatoes getting nice and red now.

Also eggs cooked in bacon, can't wait. :D (oh he has some sausage too)

Nice lean thick cut bacon
Fresh crisp iceburg lettuce
Fresh ripe tomatoes from the garden
Mayo
salt and pepper
white toast

Never mess with a classic :eek:
Yep - though I do like to make them on a nice fresh white bread thin sub roll also :) Used to make them for my daughter all the time when she was figure skating. With the sub roll they were easy to wrap and easy to eat next to the ice. Granted - I made my own sub rolls for this! Was always nice to put a slice of Edam cheese on them too!.

Growing up we were poor. With five in the family, could not afford 4 strips of bacon on a sammich.
We couldn't even afford the bacon! Just mater smmichs for the most part. Today, I can afford the bacon, so I pile it on! And I make mine the same way you do! Miracle Whip, the bread spread! It was the only salad dressing we had growing up. I just recently tried some Tony Chachere's Creole Sandwich Sauce. While it was good, it just don't work on a BLT. Great for everything else!

I went to cheeseland last week, and the truck stop I went to had BLT on the menu with a slight twist. It was bologna, lettuce and tomato.

those who beat their guns into plowshares, will plow for those who didn't
We couldn't afford the gologna either, if we got meat on a sammich it was chopped ham from the can. But them maters make everything taste better!

There is no BLT that wouldn't taste better with Nueske's bacon. It's applewood smoked in a small town in Wisconsin but sold all over the world. I know they have a rep. in CA. If it's not the best you ever ate send me the rest. We carry 10 or more pounds of it home every yr. and usually order more before we get back there. Google it. They are wonderful people to deal with.
The wife and I toured their facility and all their products are authentic, old-world smoked meat products from original recipes brought over from Germany and done exactly the way they were 100 yrs.ago. Summer sausage, liver sausage, Mettwurst, smoked pork chops and wieners to die for.

As to BLT's, try some sliced green olives or onions along with the BLT and lots of Miracle Whip.

Made me hungry, but I already had bacon and eggs for breakfast, with Nueske's bacon, of course!

Eleven dollars a pound. For bacon?

Must be nice to be rich.

That was my first thought, but then, it is TOMATO ketchup.

Ditch the bacon. Use Prosciutto, fried slightly crispy. Romain lettuce. Some good cheese, not that sliced American crap in the plastic condoms. Try different varieties of tomatoes also, there's plenty to choose from. Jewish rye or fresh baked sourdough is also a winner.

If I feel the need to have a cheese pizza, I get a pizza crust, put on some sauce, sprinkle on some cheddar, some mozzarella, and some Parmesan. Walla - cheese pizza.

Now, if I put some mushrooms or olives or sausage on it, it might taste better, but it is no longer a CHEESE pizza.

In the same way, if you put anything besides bacon, lettuce or tomato on a BLT - cheese, avocado, onions, whatever - it might be a delicious sammich. But it is no longer a BLT.

White Bread 2 Slices,,,lightly toasted
leaf lettuce one slice on the Bottom one on top
4 pieces of bacon slightly less than crisp
4 slices of Minnesota Bushel Boy Tomatoes/ salt pepper
Heillamens Brand Mayo

thats all

A friend is a maint guy for a local restaurant chain, well freezer was going to go bad, company decided to give all the meat away.

Well I have 40+ pieces of that big cut restaurant bacon now in our freezer.

NEXT, BLTs! Ummm, mmmmm. Some tomatoes getting nice and red now.

Also eggs cooked in bacon, can't wait. :D (oh he has some sausage too)
OMG! I had a real BLT today! We hardly ever have BLTs or even real bacon and my wife buys that "better for you" turkey bacon, :( eh. But today we had real restaurant bacon.

MINE - lightly toasted whole grain white bread, Hellman's Light mayo on both.
Bacon, romaine lettuce, tomato, cut in half and EAT. :D

HERS - lightly toasted multi grain whole wheat, Kraft light mayo with olive oil.
then the BLT.

Oh heaven on a piece of bread....plus ate the leftover pieces.

And more left in the freezer. :)

MINE - lightly toasted whole grain white bread, Hellman's Light mayo on both.
Bacon, romaine lettuce, tomato, cut in half and EAT. :D

HERS - lightly toasted multi grain whole wheat, Kraft light mayo with olive oil.
then the BLT.

Oh heaven on a piece of bread....plus ate the leftover pieces.
And more left in the freezer. :)
My wife found this, ever try the Kraft Reduced Fat Mayo with Olive Oil, not bad.

Bacon, lots of bacon.. crispy bacon.. Juicy tomato slices, nice and thick. And crisp romaine lettuce. A little peppered mayo and toasted honey wheat bread.

If I put cheese on it its either a nice slice of Jarlsburg or baby swiss

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.