The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to do a little fishing the other day, didn't turn out well. The water was low, and the lilly pads had grown in to the point that there just wasn't much chance of catching anything! This is a shot of just one boat road on Caddo Lake.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
34,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ran down those boat roads for at least two miles, no change. I tried crickets along the edges, but only got some small bream, not big enough to keep. Since I was bream fishing I didn't have anything heavy enough to fish the lillies. Didn't even bring my bass tackle box, or the rods, and reels.

·
Premium Member
34,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hmmm summers comin here , might just show ya from this side

know what a Hawaiian sling is ?

yeah line fishing in that would be ridiculous
Make my own Hawaiian sling for when I'm scuba, or snorkling. Here in the U.S. most states have laws about what they consider "game fish", and most won't allow you to bag "game" fish with anything other than hook, and line. Nets are regulated, and you must have a permit in most places. Even a Yo-Yo, or any mechanical device for catching fish, are regulated in some states, and on some lakes, and water ways. Bow fishing, or spear fishing is usually only allowed for "trash" fish, ie, cat fish, other than Channel Cat, gar, carp, and a few others.

I make mine for diving, but the one your friend made is a great one for carp, and gar, but we mostly use a bow in taking fish on top of the water. I use a 7" 3 pronged gig, mounted on the end of a 4', ro 5' foot long wooden dowl. The gig can be rigged to come off the dowl, or stay on. Wrist Rocket rubber bands are attached to the other end. To cock the sling, just pull the dowl thru your strong hand untill you think you have enough pressure, point, and release!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.