1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wondering how Silencer Central gets away with this

DIRECT 2U SHIPPING
HOME SWEET HOME DELIVERY
We are licensed in all 42 states where suppressors are legal and that allows us to deliver your new silencer directly to your front door.

·
Registered
11,473 Posts
You apply to the ATF for permission and pay them the $200 tax and once you get it, you send a copy of your paperwork to them and they send you the silencer.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Apparently, they have agreements with dealers in each state and no state lines are crossed when shipping to the end user.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I went with them five months ago. they seem pretty sharp and about their business. At least another two months to go. They will talk you through the whole procedure and provide materials.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Apparently, they have agreements with dealers in each state and no state lines are crossed when shipping to the end user.
I'm not sure if state lines matter if both parties are allowed to possess the suppressor. I know that I had a question about a warranty repair on a suppressor and the maker told me to fill out their claim form and simply mail it to them. I didn't because it's not something I'm worried about right now as just a cosmetic thing, but they told me there were no problems mailing it to them since I was legally allowed to possess it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You apply to the ATF for permission and pay them the $200 tax and once you get it, you send a copy of your paperwork to them and they send you the silencer.
If I buy a gun from my LGS (say I give them my CC number over the phone) they aren't allowed to mail it to me. I can't believe suppressor regs would be softer.

·
Registered
11,473 Posts
If you have an FFL, you can give a gun shop your info and they can mail a gun to you. If you send a firearm to be repaired it can be mailed direct to you, you already own it so no FFL or 4473 is needed for them to return it to you. Once you have the tax stamp and paperwork you are licensed to own it and it can be mailed to you.

Reactions: zant

·
Super Moderator
43,852 Posts
I know a few years ago when I upgraded my suppressor to handle 5.8X28, I used the mail to send it in and it was returned directly to me, in the mail.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you have an FFL, you can give a gun shop your info and they can mail a gun to you. If you send a firearm to be repaired it can be mailed direct to you, you already own it so no FFL or 4473 is needed for them to return it to you. Once you have the tax stamp and paperwork you are licensed to own it and it can be mailed to you.
But they aren't advertising their home delivery to FFLs they are selling to the public.

·
Registered
11,473 Posts
But they aren't advertising their home delivery to FFLs they are selling to the public.
Look, if you have the tax stamp and the Federal Government's approval to own a suppressor they can mail it directly to you. Just like you can mail a firearm directly to an FFL holder or if it's a C&R to a C&R holder. If I as a "member of the public" have the license to own a suppressor they can mail it directly to me at my home.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
As Griz said---They do all the paper/prints-when you have a Tax Stamp associated with a ser#,they can mail direct,just like a repair.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts