The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only ammo I can find is Imported and overpriced. No Winchester, Federal, or Remington. I am on the way out the door to try and find some but I know it will be a waste of time. I thought I had a good supply and wouldn't have a problem living through another shortage but it's been a year around here.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I might score some at a big box if I was willing to stand in line to wait for it, but I'm not. One of the local shops still has some but the price was never good there before and about the same as on-line plus shipping now. I did happen upon some large pistol primers at the 'cademy the other day, they break them open and sell 'em by the small box now

·
Registered
692 Posts
There's been next to nothing in my area. When things show up at the big box stores, it's gone in seconds. When things show up at the LGS's it's priced a weee bit on the high side and/or really oddball calibers.

I was shocked to see the closest LGS to me had gotten some semblance of powder in. Grabbed a pound of Lil'Gun for $33 last night.

·
Premium Member
8,464 Posts
There is no factory ammo of any kind available here on the Peninsula I can get Rifle Ammo (in calibers I don't shoot (Might have to Buy an AR style rifle at the Coast Guard Exchange for as low as $500.

Reactions: BlackEagle

·
Registered
389 Posts
Shotgun ammo is almost always available, 22 lr and mag getting to be a little more common.
Also have been seeing a lot of 7.62 x 39 steel case.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Lots of imported shotgun ammo...Where's all the ammo and componets the LYING SACKS of CRAP told us was being produced 24hrs a day-that was 3 months ago.....I'll give you the facts-it's not being produced or stockpiled in warehouses-under GOV'T ORDERS......believe the liars or believe your instincts....

·
Premium Member
19,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just got back. Went to Walmart and a LGS. Nothing here! I did find some 9mm that I never heard of for $44 a box of 50.

·
Premium Member
19,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lots of imported shotgun ammo...Where's all the ammo and componets the LYING SACKS of CRAP told us was being produced 24hrs a day-that was 3 months ago.....I'll give you the facts-it's not being produced or stockpiled in warehouses-under GOV'T ORDERS......believe the liars or believe your instincts....
I agree. If it was being made you would see something. Maybe not what you want or need but I can't find anything.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Three Sides of the Ammo. It is starting to turn, at least there is "some" ammo out there but there is a long ways to go before it is affordable.

1) Lines of up to 3 hours before a store opens on days that they "think" that they may get ammo in and you are still limited to 2 boxes or fewer.

2) Stores that have a reasonable selection, but prices are probably double what they sold for two years ago, hard to remember what a reasonable price of ammo went for.

3) Stores that have a great selection, but they are charging 4x or more for what they sold two years ago.

The only thing I have found that at a reasonable cost is 7.62x* in steel case, but that is gone within a few days until they get a new shipment in. But at least it isn't gone with the first 90 seconds of the store opening.

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
The only ammo I can find is Imported and overpriced. No Winchester, Federal, or Remington. I am on the way out the door to try and find some but I know it will be a waste of time. I thought I had a good supply and wouldn't have a problem living through another shortage but it's been a year around here.
What ammo supply??

1 - 20 of 108 Posts