The Firearms Forum banner
241 - 260 of 261 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Swung through the LGS that I found 30-06 the other week... plenty of 150gr.... zero anything else. No 30-30, 308, or anything like that.

Had a bunch of 9mm luger and some 38 spl. Had a couple of 50 round boxes of .357 at $75. Zero .380...

So, not really any better than it has been in the last year.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have a feeling prices are going to stay at least somewhat higher until manufacturers can get components at a more reasonable price and more consistency rather than waiting for weeks.
All of the CEO's of ammo manufacturing companies are putting out videos about how they have increased staffing, put on new shifts and are running 24/7 to make ammo we need.

How the heck are they doing that if they are fighting these weeks without components ?

Somebody must be BS'ing somebody !

·
Registered
6,593 Posts
Just got back from the LGS. They had pallets of ammo, Russian and Federal.
Grab the Russian Import stuff if you need it. Sleepy Joe needs to give the Taliban a new stream of ammo by banning us United States citizens from having it. Kissing terrorist asses seems to be something Sleepy Joe likes to do.....I miss President Trump.

·
Super Moderator
29,451 Posts
Well here you go, just down the road I bought a box of 30.30 off our local gun stand, the guy just sets there with other folks selling honey, fruit, firewood. Paid $30 bucks which is cheaper than anywhere else.

He had a few guys when I 1st went buy, on the way back he was alone. So we had a nice chat for about 20 minutes. View attachment 257385 View attachment 257386
I hate to say it, but that's about $10 higher than what they're worth.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
When you inherent a family gun from the 60's and you have a half a box of 20 year old ammo and your LGS is selling the same ammo for $89.00, $35.00 doesn't sound so bad.

Having guns with no ammo kinda changes your perspective!
I feel ya. The problem isn’t a fella buying a box or two to have something on hand. It’s the LGS jacking it up because they can or the guy who buys everything he can and then the doubling or more the price :mad:

·
Premium Member
20,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #248 ·
When I do find a little ammo around here it is all imported stuff I have never seen before. No American-made ammo. If they are pounding out ammo where is it?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Ammo availability here in South Central Virginia is real spotty. One day the LGS will have a decent stock of rifle and handgun ammo and the next day will be empty shelves. There seems to be little or no consistency in the availability. The ammo that I have been able to find is selling around 15% higher than before this latest shortage, very little price gouging at the firearm dealers around here, private people selling their ammo is a different story though.

·
Banned
22 Posts
Gradually getting better here (MN). Much better than a month ago. Today they had a pretty good selection of hunting ammo and .223 and 9mm and a lot of .22 LR, although none of the good CCI Mini Mags that I like.

Shelves are not full, but far from the almost empty they were a month ago.

Today they upped the buying limit from one box per day to two boxes per day.

I got two boxes of 30-30 at $24.99 each for 150 grain Remington. Normal price would be about $15.

High price, but it will soon come down.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Manufactures have aknkowledged a 10 to 15% increase,the rest is from the distributor and your LGS.

·
Registered
306 Posts
At the LGS today they still have most of a pallet of TulAmmo .223 (steel). I was told the .308 all walked early today. they had a few cases of .380 ball and HP, the Fed' .223 was gone. The back wall was still loaded with ammo. I was only interested in seeing what they had for 300BLK and they had all kinds of it. While I was there I sold a case of 9mm for them. So lots of ammo. I didn't go into the back storeroom to see how much was there.

Guns? while I was there they sold 3 handguns and the walls and cases are full. For a small LGS they do quite a business. I went there to chew the fat, but they were just too busy.

·
Super Moderator
29,451 Posts
I was in Cabelas in Dundee Mi last night. Tons of shotgun ammo, all gauges, and tons of 223/5.56. If you wanted to pay $27.99 for a box of 20 Win 223.

No powder, no primers.

·
Premium Member
20,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #256 ·
I was in Walmart Friday and saw this.
Shelf Product Shelving Publication Building

They didn't have anything else but loads of this. I don't hord this but did buy my limit of 3. I was with my son Sunday and we stopped by so he could get some. He bought 3 also. On Sunday they had the same amought or more. Looks as if 22lr is no longer in a shortage.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
I was in Walmart Friday and saw this.
View attachment 258486
They didn't have anything else but loads of this. I don't hord this but did buy my limit of 3. I was with my son Sunday and we stopped by so he could get some. He bought 3 also. On Sunday they had the same amought or more. Looks as if 22lr is no longer in a shortage.
Was it $24.44, $18.88,26.83,$21.73 or $52.00?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have been buying Federal Automatch 22lr pretty regularly from Walmart for about the last 5 or 6 months. It started out at about 5.5 cents a round but they have jacked the price up now to where it's about 6 cents a round plus tax. It's actually pretty crappy ammo but it will do in a pinch.

I would hardly say that there is no longer a shortage of .22lr ammo. I have not seen any .22lr at Academy other than some Norma at about 20 cents a round, which they can not even sell. They had a little bit of overpriced Winchester stuff a couple of weeks ago but no more.

·
Super Moderator
43,364 Posts
The only thing that our wally mart has is 12 gauge shotgun shells with steel shot. At least that is all they had on my last three visits.

241 - 260 of 261 Posts