The Firearms Forum banner

21 - 40 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
None to be had except with purchase of a firearm in Wayne county , NC . Local Walmart had 100 rounds of 28 gauge shotgun shells .I was at the largest and most popular gun store in town yesterday . Some hunting caliber rifle ammo . Very meager supply of shotgun shells . No handgun stuff except with purchase of gun . While I am getting in my truck, the ups driver shows up and I watch him deliver 10 full cases of browning 9 mm ammo . Very sure none of this winds up on the shelf as I am told that all his deliveries are going straight to internet , auction sales . Except for the ar type stuff my shooting buddy and myself have more than enough stuff , ammo and guns , to fully restock his store . He is the only local to stock reloading stuff . Stock is down to about 50 bottles of powder and none of it is the really popular stuff like IMR 4350 or unique or bullseye

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Ammo supply is good at my LGS. The only thing they have on the shelves is 9mm and 5.56 but they have other calibers. You just have to ask for it. Primers and powder is another story.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Very scarce except at shows (VA, PA, WV). Seems to be ample stock at these venues. Prices are higher, of course, but occasionally a decent deal can be found.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
To further consolidate my position----We've been out of Iraq for 5yrs,we are leaving Afghanistan,our training is using less and less ammo(As told to me by 2 buds that are counting the minutes until they got 30 in),the only people in the military still shooting a lot of ammo is DevGroup and CAG......So obviously the primers and powder are'nt going to the military.

·
GUNZILLA
7,189 Posts
Wish I could tell you, I just haven't had the need to go shopping for ammo or components.

·
Super Moderator
28,309 Posts
When I was at Rural King the other day, they had Browning 3 1/2" turkey loads for sale, $21.99 a box.

·
Premium Member
19,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
plenty of shot gun shells, but thats all
I wish they had shotgun shells here. I bought 400 rounds about 2 months ago and have seen none since. I can't even practice for the trap league I am in. My club even ran out of ammo to sell us.

No ammo right next door to the CCI factory.
Did they board up the CCI factory or they as busy as they say?

Reactions: shootbrownelk

·
Registered
716 Posts
Ammo is starting to show up around here in small amounts. I was at the local Wally World earlier this week and the hoarders were there. The 3 guys in line before me, each bought 3 Remington Bucket of Bullets (limit of 3 per person), which emptied the shelf of them. I was able to pick up the last box of CCI .22 mags and a couple of Remington Golden Bullet 100 round packs. They also had a few boxes of rifle rounds and various shotgun shells. I was lucky that I was there when I was, the sales associate said that the ammo is usually gone within a hour of being put out.

Reactions: joe45c

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Occasional Power,primers and sometimes boxes of 22lr.and 9mm have dried up around here.That’s strange now nothing.If there was ever any,you could only buy one box.

·
Super Moderator
11,573 Posts
I wish they had shotgun shells here. I bought 400 rounds about 2 months ago and have seen none since. I can't even practice for the trap league I am in. My club even ran out of ammo to sell us.

Did they board up the CCI factory or they as busy as they say?
The parking lot was jamed full of employs cars.

·
Premium Member
19,006 Posts
The parking lot was jamed full of employs cars.
Maybe instead of working they were in there to take their required wokeism class! Cause you sure don't see any CCI rounds for sale anymore!:(

·
Registered
117 Posts
LGS here, Hollywood, Fl, has plenty of 9mm, 40 and 45, but he's charging 80 cents per round. Guy behind the counter claims they're paying 74 cents to their supplier. Same price regardless of how much you buy. Haven't seen primers here for many moons

·
Registered
148 Posts
I don’t go to the LGS very often, but last time I was there, they had 9mm, 380, and 40 S&W for $60 per box, yeah, that’s $1.20 per round. 223 was $23 for a box of 20.

There was a lot of that ammo being sold, some people are willing to pay whatever it costs.

·
Premium Member
13,689 Posts
As stated I was in Academy this morning. Nothing ammo related and no reloading supplies of any kind....almost. I saw one set of RCBS die but didn't bother to see what they were. Their target selection was even rather poor unless you wanted to buy man silhouette or "Shoot 'n See" targets. They didn't have the Birchwood/Casey bullseye targets I usually get.

21 - 40 of 92 Posts