The Firearms Forum banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
10,673 Posts
I have been looking, Academy in Tomball gets weapons and ammo on Tuesday and Thursday, they told me to be at the door before 7:00 am.

·
Registered
223 Posts
As stated I was in Academy this morning. Nothing ammo related and no reloading supplies of any kind....almost. I saw one set of RCBS die but didn't bother to see what they were. Their target selection was even rather poor unless you wanted to buy man silhouette or "Shoot 'n See" targets. They didn't have the Birchwood/Casey bullseye targets I usually get.
I've had to get mine thru amazon last few times - prices on these at the LGS are up more than ammo - assuming you can find any

·
Premium Member
19,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Both my LGS's sell most of the ammo they get in on the auctions. Now they can sell all over the USA instead of the loyal customers they have in their area for years. I no longer have any loyalty to my LGS. If I can buy it cheaper someplace else I will. Just like last shortage when Walmart gets ammo in management buys it all and resells it to friends or on an auction site.

Then we have the government doing everything they can to keep ammo out of the hands of gun owners. There is a war on gun owners and conservatives in general.

·
Super Moderator
41,583 Posts
I had to run over to the local Wally World to get a loaf of bread and some sandwich stuff. As usual, I wandered down to the sporting good department to get a good laugh. There were a total of 11 rifles / shotguns and 4 boxes of 7.62X51 ammo.

·
Registered
18,079 Posts
No ammo on store shelves except pawn shops.. and they are scary high.. higher than gun shows. Gun show ammo is still plentiful and high.. though the prices seem to have peaked and are leveling off and even dropping on some things. I have also noticed that the scramble to buy ammo from gun show patrons has dropped to a trickle. I was at a show this weekend.. saw exactly 2 people buy ammo.. a month or 2 ago.. ammo tables had lines around them and ran till they were dry no matter the price.
I see primers are back down to 150/1000 They had briefly went to 200-350.

I'm glad people are no longer buying as fast. maybe in a couple months ammo will hit store shelves and the scalpers at the shows will have to unload a ton of hoarded ammo at regular or slightly reduced price.

·
10,673 Posts
I never buy ammo from gun shows or pawn shops.
I do not trust the people selling and I do not trust the ammo.
I might buy from somebody I know and trust but have not so far.
I really don't like wally worlds ammo, most of everything they have is substandard.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
I never buy ammo from gun shows or pawn shops.
I do not trust the people selling and I do not trust the ammo.
I might buy from somebody I know and trust but have not so far.
I really don't like wally worlds ammo, most of everything they have is substandard.
That is good info to consider, but since we have completely bare shelves here in Idaho, I really don't have to concern myself with that anymore. Who says ammo shortages are not a good thing. I don't have to worry about any substandard ammo anymore.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Wisconsin
Must be getting some from Canada above Ehh? Not sure how Wisconsin has escaped the great ammo shortage of 2020 and 2021, but you are quite blessed to have that available. I guess no one in Wisconsin is buying guns right now or something like that. That is strange indeed.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Must be getting some from Canada above Ehh? Not sure how Wisconsin has escaped the great ammo shortage of 2020 and 2021, but you are quite blessed to have that available. I guess no one in Wisconsin is buying guns right now or something like that. That is strange indeed.
He said nothing about the prices though.....I went into a shop in Fla Sat-cases of .556,9mmm,40,22.......22 was .30 a rd and ALL centerfire started at 1.50rd.....no body buys there,not even newbies.

·
Registered
18,079 Posts
That is good info to consider, but since we have completely bare shelves here in Idaho, I really don't have to concern myself with that anymore. Who says ammo shortages are not a good thing. I don't have to worry about any substandard ammo anymore.
Agreed.. Most stores here in fl have not had ammo this year..and much of last. I found some 17hmr at a gun store pawn shop out driving thru the national forest earlier this year..but finding ammo is real hit and miss..and mostly miss.

There was a store in town that had ammo plants running in the back room..and you could buy a box a day..that lasted a couple months till they couldn't get components..this was back in December and January

·
Premium Member
19,006 Posts
He said nothing about the prices though.....I went into a shop in Fla Sat-cases of .556,9mmm,40,22.......22 was .30 a rd and ALL centerfire started at 1.50rd.....no body buys there,not even newbies.
True he didn't, but at least they have ammo. They can raise the price here of box of .22s to $100.00 dollars for a box of 50, but i won't matter cause there is none on the shelve, So whatever the price they put on ammo in Wisconsin at least they have a choice whether to buy it or not. We don't have that option here.:(

·
Premium Member
3,490 Posts
Box stores we have 2, Dicks and Wallyworld. My buddy walked through Dicks last week in Rutland VT and they didn t have anything but BB's and Pellets on the shelves. Wallyworld, I want to carry my AR when I go in there so I havent been, the Rutland Police of 2 in a city of 18K would show up I dont want to deal with them well maybe 3 if the other guy doesnt call out.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts