The Firearms Forum banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Box stores we have 2, Dicks and Wallyworld. My buddy walked through Dicks last week in Rutland VT and they didn t have anything but BB's and Pellets on the shelves. Wallyworld, I want to carry my AR when I go in there so I havent been, the Rutland Police of 2 in a city of 18K would show up I dont want to deal with them well maybe 3 if the other guy doesnt call out.
I went into my local Dicks a year or so ago and they told me that they were out of the firearms and ammo business...unless you wanted an airsoft or bb gun

·
Registered
223 Posts
The ammo supply is getting better all the time but the $$$ is not keeping up with the prices.
LGS had some ammo in for the first time in months. Surprise, Surprise, Surprise, all of a sudden their prices are right in line with everyone else's. I'm starting to think @zant is right - it's all big frame-up job by the gov't. Was talking with some buddies that went to a gun-show this past weekend, they all said ammo was stacked high and deep and every single seller was the same price

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
LGS had some ammo in for the first time in months. Surprise, Surprise, Surprise, all of a sudden their prices are right in line with everyone else's. I'm starting to think @zant is right - it's all big frame-up job by the gov't. Was talking with some buddies that went to a gun-show this past weekend, they all said ammo was stacked high and deep and every single seller was the same price
I can't afford $1 a shot on 9mm for target practice, maybe for personal protection but not plinking.
It's another form of discrimination the blacks & poor can buy all the guns they want but can't afford to shoot them. I guess you could call that gun control. LOL

·
Registered
4 Posts
The only ammo I can find is Imported and overpriced. No Winchester, Federal, or Remington. I am on the way out the door to try and find some but I know it will be a waste of time. I thought I had a good supply and wouldn't have a problem living through another shortage but it's been a year around here.
In Dallas we can get it at Academy. Gotta show up on truck days and get there before store opening. Prices are roughly .50 per round and we’re getting all brands.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The only ammo I can find is Imported and overpriced. No Winchester, Federal, or Remington. I am on the way out the door to try and find some but I know it will be a waste of time. I thought I had a good supply and wouldn't have a problem living through another shortage but it's been a year around here.
Try laxammo.
Just bought some .380 and 9mm .

·
Registered
446 Posts
A buddy of mine in Michigan sent me this picture of his LGS, who just got a shipment in. They are selling primers at $90/brick, and powder was slightly higher than the regular price. When was the last time anyone saw the shelves like this! I haven’t for over a year.
462F6DD0-C876-4E87-AE1C-855645FEEFE5.jpeg

·
Registered
20 Posts
I always buy my ammo from SG Ammo in Stillwater Oklahoma, they have excellent prices, I always buy in bulk and they have the ammo I need every time I need it

·
Super Moderator
28,309 Posts
A buddy of mine in Michigan sent me this picture of his LGS, who just got a shipment in. They are selling primers at $90/brick, and powder was slightly higher than the regular price. When was the last time anyone saw the shelves like this! I haven’t for over a year. View attachment 251119
I'd like to know what store that is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is not great. I heard they had some 22LR at Bass Pro and Rural King but they were out. I ended up buying at little online at buckinghorseoutpost.com but they were higher. Is there anywhere to buy cheaper 22LR online?

·
Registered
14 Posts
It is not great. I heard they had some 22LR at Bass Pro and Rural King but they were out. I ended up buying at little online at buckinghorseoutpost.com but they were higher. Is there anywhere to buy cheaper 22LR online?

This Monday I will be at the Lapua test center AZ and intend to come home with at least a case😂

·
Premium Member
19,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
My son went up to a Walmart about 15 mi our house. He called me and said they have 4 boxed of Federal Auto Match. They wouldn't sell him as his Illinois firearms card FOID is expired. Per the state, if you have applied for a renewal your expiration is now covid 19. They are supposed to take this as a good card if you print out this from the Illinois state police.

This clerk did everything she could to not sell me this ammo. 1st she told me my card was expired. It is not. I had to show her the expiration date. She then told me I could only buy 3 as that is the limit. I told her that's fine my wife will buy the other one. She refused. She said it was 3 per family. I said fine just give me the 3.

Here is what I got for 3 months of looking for ammo. $17.73 a box.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
I can't afford $1 a shot on 9mm for target practice, maybe for personal protection but not plinking.
It's another form of discrimination the blacks & poor can buy all the guns they want but can't afford to shoot them. I guess you could call that gun control. LOL
I don't know, according to the latest shooting/murder statistics out of Chicago, there doesn't seem to be an ammo shortage in 'da hood.

·
Premium Member
1,628 Posts
Getting better all the time in Texas. I am looking forward to the next glut of shooting supplies and significant price drops.

61 - 80 of 92 Posts