The Firearms Forum banner

81 - 100 of 138 Posts

·
GUNZILLA
7,397 Posts
Went to Academy and Walmart yesterday and decided peruse the sporting section at Walmart, they had two shotguns and no ammo. Academy had tackle boxes where ammo boxes used to be. They may have ammo in the back area for the 3 pistols and a couple of rifles along with spider webs incase someone purchases something otherwise no ammo.

Reactions: chaswea

·
Premium Member
TFF Pie Queen
5,515 Posts
Baaaadddd lol I see a lot of defense stuff, no .38 special. I was able to get some +P but who can afford to shoot that?

Reactions: chaswea

·
Registered
16 Posts
It is clearly gun control. But worse, it means there are a lot more people out there with guns that have not practiced much, OR AT ALL!!!! I have talked to several gun store owners that say over half of their sales are to first time gun buyers that have no experience at all, and they doubt they are going to get any.

Again, planned to create incidents that would help provide "proof" that people should not be trusted with guns.

It's another form of discrimination the blacks & poor can buy all the guns they want but can't afford to shoot them. I guess you could call that gun control. LOL

·
Registered
323 Posts
I been watching a web store that has around 100k sr primers but they are 36$ a hundred and you have to buy 5k at a time. They were 34 and it took about 4 weeks for stock to go from 26 5k packs to none then magicaly there were 26 more 5k packs for 1700$ ea.

I sent them an email and asked if they put the decimal in the right place but they didnt sent anything back.

I see a few more of those bitcoin and google pay make shift shops popping up but dont think they are lagit. Looks like they maybe more into info gathering data and ripping folks off than selling goods. Their prices seem a little too good to be true right now - and they dont follow through with delivery.

More at play here than anyone is saying I believe.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I went to the LGS and found some Winchester Super Field. I use it for 9mm. Took the wife over to Sport city (Shreveport LA) to do some shopping at the Boardwalk. The Bass Pro shop had one brick of small rifle primers for $75. Passed on it, at first. Changed my mind and went back to the counter, but they were already gone. Didn't pull the trigger in time. I have several thousand SRP's, but I'm wondering if $75/brick is the new normal.

·
Super Moderator
28,643 Posts
I went to the LGS and found some Winchester Super Field. I use it for 9mm. Took the wife over to Sport city (Shreveport LA) to do some shopping at the Boardwalk. The Bass Pro shop had one brick of small rifle primers for $75. Passed on it, at first. Changed my mind and went back to the counter, but they were already gone. Didn't pull the trigger in time. I have several thousand SRP's, but I'm wondering if $75/brick is the new normal.
It sux that the big box stores are doing that with prices too.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
If you go running into Academy to look for ammo & don't find it at the shelves in the gun section check out the front service counter. That where I found the ammo in my local Academy. One of the problems is it's a two box limit per person per day, the other problem is the prices. LOL

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I've been finding it on-line but you have to be patient and an early riser to get some.
This afternoon CCI had SV and Velocitors for sale at their normal prices. Free shipping on over $100 or $12 shipping under.
That is about 2 boxes of 50 for most ammo bigger than 22 LR.

·
Registered
6,244 Posts
Getting better all the time in Texas. I am looking forward to the next glut of shooting supplies and significant price drops.
I wish I could share your enthusiasm but I see prices rising in everything, nothing is dropping in price. Gasoline is headed skyward along with food and paper products with no end in sight. I hope folks don't forget about this during the midterms.

·
11,152 Posts
If you go running into Academy to look for ammo & don't find it at the shelves in the gun section check out the front service counter. That where I found the ammo in my local Academy. One of the problems is it's a two box limit per person per day, the other problem is the prices. LOL

Our store in Tomball, Tx. does that, my wife buys 2 boxes and I buy 2.
Our store takes delivery on Tuesday and Thursday.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
I bought ammo in my underwear this morning. Direct from CCI 1000 40 Grain Mini-Mag .22 cal for $116.00 delivered to my front door and 500 Federal PUNCH .22 cal delivered to my front door $118.00 This is my first ammo purchase in about 14 months. Could have gotten 9MM but I reload. I guess I will just shoot my Ruger SR-22 and my
new Ruger LCRx .22 Lr until primers come back
lcrx.jpg

·
11,152 Posts
I bought ammo in my underwear this morning. Direct from CCI 1000 40 Grain Mini-Mag .22 cal for $116.00 delivered to my front door and 500 Federal PUNCH .22 cal delivered to my front door $118.00 This is my first ammo purchase in about 14 months. Could have gotten 9MM but I reload.
You could have gone all day without the mention of your drawers.

81 - 100 of 138 Posts