The Firearms Forum banner

101 - 120 of 138 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
I went to the CCI web sight at a about 3AM this morning and ordered 1000 40gr CCI mini-mags at $10.99 per 100 round box. I then jumped over to the Federal Web sight and got a 800 round box of Champion Training-Rimfire for $72.00 I can live with these prices for now.

·
Super Moderator
28,643 Posts
I went to the CCI web sight at a about 3AM and ordered another 1000 40gr CCI mini-mags
I was looking there a little bit ago, they had standard velocity available. Went to get my card, came back and refreshed the page and they were unavailable. They just had Blazer available.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Pretty dismal. I thought it might be improving by now but I went into our Sheels store last week and the handgun ammo shelves were bare of handgun ammo but there were new arrivals of .223/.556 in their place.

I'm glad I stocked up on some powder when I did. They were all out.

·
Premium Member
20,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
It seems like 223 & 556 will be the 1st to reappear. 38, 45, 9mm, and shotgun shells are the hardest to find.

·
Super Moderator
42,085 Posts
I was looking there a little bit ago, they had standard velocity available. Went to get my card, came back and refreshed the page and they were unavailable. They just had Blazer available.
I just now went to the CCI site and what I see are 300 round boxes of 36 grain LR called "MeatEaters" (mini-mags) for $34 a box with a limit of 5 boxes, standard velocity LRs at $4 a box, and CCI Quiet at $5 a box. They also have Target Mini-mag sand Stingers available with a limit of 10 boxes of most things.

·
Super Moderator
28,643 Posts
I was in our local Rural King yesterday and they had more than I have seen at once in a long time. Blazer 9mm for $16.99 a box.
They had 22s, 9mm, 40, 7.62x54R, 7.62x39, 20 and 12 gadgets trap loads. Oh, and 223.

·
Premium Member
20,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
It's getting down to pay the price or get out of the game. Bought 2 boxes of 9mm at $34 a box. 2 flats of shotgun shells at $100 a flat and 300 rounds of CCI mini mags for $70. So far I have not been able to get anyone to ship to my area. This is close to $400 in ammo. We went out looking for ammo this morning and went to every Walmart and LGS within 50 miles.
I was not coming home empty/

·
Premium Member
20,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Val it may be time to go to the inner hood and talk to some gang bangers. Find out who ships it to them and where they are getting it from.;)
They get all their supplies from the Obama Arms Company. They only serve minorities.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
For now I cant pay the price. Essentially I am out of the game and don't shoot. I hope by summer 2022 prices normalize. I'm out of primers

·
Registered
22LR, 223, 6mm, 6.8, 6.5 C and PRC, .308 .357mag, .40 S&W, 410 bore, 12 ga.
37 Posts
For now I cant pay the price. Essentially I am out of the game and don't shoot. I hope by summer 2022 prices normalize. I'm out of primers
Yep same boat... but still have a bit of range ammo... shooting out the last of the stash. Refuse to be robbed, and don't have the time to drive all over. Mostly been shooting 22LR. Out of range ammo for the 40s and 357s completely. Going to get ready to load up when primers come back.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
LGS got in 4 pallets of 12/20.....they've been selling the "tacticool" mag fed shotguns like hotcakes-25-30 a week for past 6 months,we only have about 1200 people in town.

·
Premium Member
20,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
Next year I think a lot of these guns people bought will be back on the market as used guns. A guy I worked with has never owned a gun until last year. Due to the riots he bought a self-defence shotgun to protect his family. He has yet to shoot it. He wants me to take him out to train him how to use it. This guy is in his 60s overweight and out of shape. I know once he shoots his shotgun it will go in the closet and never be shot again.

Reactions: chaswea

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
Next year I think a lot of these guns people bought will be back on the market as used guns. A guy I worked with has never owned a gun until last year. Due to the riots he bought a self-defence shotgun to protect his family. He has yet to shoot it. He wants me to take him out to train him how to use it. This guy is in his 60s overweight and out of shape. I know once he shoots his shotgun it will go in the closet and never be shot again.
These people need to be embraced and educated. Maybe he will never be able to handle heavy buckshot, he might surprise you. Maybe he can get up to speed using light birdshot then transition to better loads. He may never get past #4 birdshot but at home defense range he is way better of than 911 and hoping the Calvary shows up in time. Strength in numbers, remember all these new gun owners are causing the progressives sleepless nights. We need to keep as many engaged as possible.

101 - 120 of 138 Posts