The Firearms Forum banner

121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,542 Posts
Was out and about shopping today no factory ammo or Primers to be had anywhere near me. only a single pound of Pyrodex to be had at $45 I am not interested.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
I often look at the unmentionable gun sight on the internet. 1000 Small pistol primers are still going for $200.00 to $300.00 I will wait it out. not paying those kind of priced. I just wont shoot.

·
Premium Member
20,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
After going to Walmart 2 times this week we stopped in so my wife could get an item she wanted for the kitchen. I happened to go by the ammo section and found this. I bought 2 and the wife bought the other 2.

·
Premium Member
8,542 Posts
I don't have to go looking for factory ammo, I have several boxes of each caliber I shoot, And I have several Metal .50 cal Ammo cans full ofmy reloads. The only Factory Ammo I would be in the Market for is .22lr. No place close has it in stock.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I bought 3 boxes of Federal Automatch for the same price as you did last Friday, and they had 3 more boxes that I went back to get on Saturday but they are gone.

So, it seems Walmart is able to get a little bit of it, and keeping the price pretty good too. My local Academy is not getting any decent ammo and it's prices have skyrocketed. They are not getting anything at all from Federal for any calibers.

·
Premium Member
20,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
Just purchased 500 CCI Stingers off of the CCI WEB-Sight. They are not cheap
I noticed Federal & CCI website that sell ammo are high priced. They seemed to join the LGS selling on the auction sites to sell overpriced ammo. This is just prolonging this shortage so they can maximize profits.

Reactions: chaswea

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
I often look at the unmentionable gun sight on the internet. 1000 Small pistol primers are still going for $200.00 to $300.00 I will wait it out. not paying those kind of priced. I just wont shoot.
Terrible situation.

I guess that we can just blame covid...... while a LOT of people not just ammo dealers keep raising prices up and up.

We have two garage doors and have to finish our small bathroom and we're done. It wasn't too bad in 2018 and 2019 -but- 2020/21 have been unreal.

How long will people hoard ammo now ?

·
Super Moderator
42,085 Posts
The magnums I bought on the CCI website went up $1.00 right after I bought them. Gouging at its best!

·
Super Moderator
28,643 Posts
The magnums I bought on the CCI website went up $1.00 right after I bought them. Gouging at its best!
Wow. Manufacturers gouging.
They just know that you need to feed that PMR30.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
How can manufacturers be gouging??? We've all heard the industry BS that they're working 24/7....

·
Premium Member
20,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
This is the same thing as the auto manufacturers selling cars direct to the consumers. The dealers would soon go out of business. If you go to your LGS to buy ammo you need to bid with people across the entire country to get anything. So much for supporting local business.

Looks as if handguns are starting to stack up at the gun stores again. You only need so many plastic handguns. Next year it could be ammo also. Before this shortage, they couldn't give this stuff away. Ammo and guns sales were way down. This is called forward selling. My bet is next year gun and ammo sales will be way down again.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
This is the same thing as the auto manufacturers selling cars direct to the consumers. The dealers would soon go out of business. If you go to your LGS to buy ammo you need to bid with people across the entire country to get anything. So much for supporting local business.

Looks as if handguns are starting to stack up at the gun stores again. You only need so many plastic handguns. Next year it could be ammo also. Before this shortage, they couldn't give this stuff away. Ammo and guns sales were way down. This is called forward selling. My bet is next year gun and ammo sales will be way down again.
I will take your bet

·
Registered
108 Posts
The big box stores tell you to go see your LGS who might have some. Your LGS says go to the big box store for ammo. They both must have stock in the petroleum industry, because if you believe their BS you just drive around in circles!

121 - 138 of 138 Posts