The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This kit adds a brace and a forward grip/ magazine holder.

I know the ATF allows a forward angled brace..but all I have seen are very short..just enough for a thumb or hand web... Not a full on hand grip.

How they getting away with this not becoming an AOW?

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Sometimes I wonder if they let some if this by so they can have “issues “ later ? :unsure: :oops:
I've thought about this a lot recently. There are folks who are way different than us enthusiasts who don't follow trends or regulations. For instance, look at the number of 'pistol brace' guns that have been sold legally at this point. I'm positive that a lot of the people who bought them are casual gun owners and not what you'd call an enthusiast. So, if restrictions are placed on these lawfully purchased guns that make the owners insta-felons, how many people would know? I'm not following their logic at all. That sounds like how you PO a whole lot of people and start a LOT of lawsuits.

·
Premium Member
10,932 Posts
I’m trying to figure out just what the heck good it would do?? 🤔
Me thinks the only time that could even be utilized would be holding the pistol close to your body and even then, I suspect I’d be more comfortable using a conventional hold on the gun. Now if it was one of those full auto Glocks that would be a whole other story.

·
No Power Options
13,878 Posts
Just because they sell and show it does not mean it`s legal. Legal to sell and have, have a Glock attached or close by, could be a knock at the door. "Oh everyone on youboob has a video" so it`s ok.
Tell that to the judge.....I believe it`s said, ignorance is no excuse.

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
A forward grip on a handgun is illegal(for some ignorant reason),I,ve tried a few of these and like a bumpstock-pretty useless in reality.

·
Registered
18,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They call it an angled mag pouch... Wow...

·
Registered
8,378 Posts
The ad for this contraption calls it "ergonomic". It's about as 'ergonomic' as the flight deck of the U.S.S. Enterprise. Another useless invention to make guns look evil and forward the registration and confiscation process. Just like the bump fire stocks - I'll take a pass, but bless anyone who feels an urge to own one.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Yep they keep poking the bear & then get mad when the bear comes to take their guns away.
If you push the laws too far don't complain when things happen.

·
Registered
18,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep I think that's what happened with slide stocks and unfortunately I think the braces are headed that way

·
Super Moderator
43,357 Posts
I thought it funny that the same company was advertising an AR pistol with the "brace" but the picture they chose to advertise it was showing the thing being shouldered. You would think "gun companies" would have a little better sense.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I don't have a horse in this race- but I will ask a question- is that contraption actually ATTACHED to the gun- or does the pistol SIT in the thing, and is actually kept in place with your hand? If it is not physically connected to the gun, that is a different matter.

One way or t'other, still looks as weird as sox on a rooster.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
I don't have a horse in this race- but I will ask a question- is that contraption actually ATTACHED to the gun- or does the pistol SIT in the thing, and is actually kept in place with your hand? If it is not physically connected to the gun, that is a different matter.

One way or t'other, still looks as weird as sox on a rooster.
I believe it’s a friction fit. It appears to have a bolt that is tensioned to secure the pistol.

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
Perfectly legal to own.....does'nt change status of handgun as there is nothing that changes your handgun.....I've been pulled over in 3 states with my 10.5 with brace....the cops loved it and it was'nt questioned by anyone......There's enough BS to paranoid about.

·
Registered
18,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The price isn't the issue it's that forward hand grip and whether it's truly angled or is considered vertical

1 - 20 of 27 Posts