The Firearms Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Perfectly legal to own.....does'nt change status of handgun as there is nothing that changes your handgun.....I've been pulled over in 3 states with my 10.5 with brace....the cops loved it and it was'nt questioned by anyone......There's enough BS to paranoid about.
I thought about one of those 1911 carbine conversion kits but didnt want to risk getting locked up over it. That maybe different as you are changing to a carbine and then back to a pistol.

Other than that idea (I once had for a few moments) I am pretty much a traditional gun type guy. Just keep it longer than 16 or its a pistol has all ways been my practice. I dont see much use in having a rifle cartrige firing pistol.

Think I might be able to pass off a bolt on stock for by peace maker as a pistol brace? Always wanted one of those.

·
Registered
10 Posts
No legal issues converting from a pistol to carbine & back again with something like the MechTech setup. Be aware of any differences in transporting pistol vs rifle restrictions across state line but for ownership & operation, go nuts.
As mentioned above, the manufacturer can make anything, it’s up to you to know if a mod suddenly puts you in Tax Stamp territory.
I have a lot of braced pistols and I avoid any grip I can wrap all my fingers around, the 45 degree Stark Express grip is the steepest one I run.

·
Registered
717 Posts
My AK came with that piece of junk sticking down in front of the magazine Like this one, I took care of that. Gone. View attachment 257593
We trained with one similar to that when I was in the military but the butt stock was maybe folding tube steel but it had a front grip like that. They told us it was the russian paratrooper mdl. On their fire sellector lever the first notch away from safe was auto and the second was semi (opposite of ours). I fired it in both modes during several shooting sessions. That was back in the mid 80s.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts