The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for all who have got on a waiting list or backorder list for .22lr ammo , what is the average wait time, or do you ever get a notification that ammo is in stock? I gave up hope any is going to get stocked in stores around here. So I put my request to various reloading supply companies. I'm hoping some come through before I run out.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I have been on the email notification list for Sp####man G###de and Cheap** t*** di** since January 15 and haven't heard from either

·
Premium Member
3,922 Posts
I ordered some Wolf Match Target and CCI Standard Velocity on Dec. 10 from MW-USA. The Wolf came in three week later but I am still waiting on the CCI and the last time I checked they were guessing maybe June delivery. They have been pushing the delivery back a month at a time ever since Dec.

·
Banned
1,718 Posts
Keep checking gunbot. .22 is coming back slowly, and more expensive, but it's there. Today was a big day on gunbot. Cabela's alone had 9mm and .223 Fiochi at great prices for awhile around lunchtime.

·
Premium Member
18,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for your replays. Judging by your experiences doesn't look like i'll be expecting any to show up on my door step anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
9,883 Posts
look at graf and son---they had .22lr earlier today.

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
for all who have got on a waiting list or backorder list for .22lr ammo , what is the average wait time, or do you ever get a notification that ammo is in stock? I gave up hope any is going to get stocked in stores around here. So I put my request to various reloading supply companies. I'm hoping some come through before I run out.
I don't know your situation, but I know folks that hit the larger Wal Mart stores early in the mornings. Usually the clerks that work sporting goods don't come to work untill 7AM, but some stores will get someone from another department to sell you ammo. .22 doesn't come in on a regular basis, so you had best be first in line every day for a while. This works where ever ammo is sold.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I think once, if any ammo stock returns it will sellout faster than free doughnuts. This shortage will go on for a very longtime.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I check the Walmart app on my iPhone every night around 11:30 PM, do a search for whatever caliber I'm after, if there's any coming in to a store in my 50 mile radius it'll show "in stock", then I go down there early next morning to get some. The stores up near the city you have to get there WAY early and snag a spot in line as there's people from a lot of the local gun shops there waiting to get it and take it back to the shop and sell it at a large profit. Luckily they don't get as far down as my local supercenter so I've managed to keep all the calibers I shoot on hand and actually manage to build up a decent little stockpile, since the weather hasn't cooperated in some time for me to go shoot! That, and checking slickguns.com for specials that you can't get through a places regular website, they'll often have "special offers" that take you to Cabela's or Midway, or Natchez shooters that won't show up if you go the regular route to their website.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts