The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was messing around the house today, and realized that my EDC is now 23 years old! A Jim Clark Custom Norinco 1911 A1. How about you guys, how long have you been carring the same gun?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,860 Posts
That's in good shape for 23 years old. When you had in in MO at bobski's I thought it was new.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I carried my S.A. TRP 1911 for over 10 years straight, retired it (temporarily anyway) as my EDC for a G35 until I find a nice 10mm 1911 I can afford.

But a 1911 is never far from me! Still my primary practice gun at the range.

·
Registered
18,034 Posts
i've carrie dmy sigp230 for 15ys.. and have just now relegated it to 'seldom carry' and upgraded to a p238, along with a keltec p3at depending on how much printing i can put up with / clothing..

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's in good shape for 23 years old. When you had in in MO at bobski's I thought it was new.
It's been thru the front door at Clarks a couple of times over the years, and because I do carry it all the time, I try to take good care of it.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I'm pretty sure it was the summer of 83 when I purchased my S&W 28-2. It's accompanied me to 40 of the 50 states.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
It's only been about 3 years of carry for my Kahr CW40. I had carried a Firestar m40 on and off for at least a decade. When I got really serious about carrying ALL OF THE TIME, I mean every single second. I went and traded my trusty old Firstar for the Kahr. They but hold the same amount of ammo, but the Kahr is so light and I really like the double action on the trigger. I did a little work to it and it pulls at around 3.5lbs

·
Registered
81 Posts
I bought my Sig-Sauer P220 brand new in 1985, which makes it 28 years old.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Depends on the gun, I switch around. The SP101 is 23 years old, the PPk/s is around 28 years old, and the Sigma is 19 years old.

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
I get too many new guns to stick with the same old carry gun. I buy a new commander and put it thru its paces and once it passes all the tests, I will carry it for a while. Then I switch around. Sometimes, I carry a full size 1911, just depends what I feel like that day. P.S. I have carried a firearm every day for 30 plus years and have gone from revolvers to plastic and back again but have decided to settle on a 1911 for the last 7-8 years. I will never carry anything else besides maybe for a bug gun.

·
Premium Member
13,250 Posts
USGI M1911A1 .45 in strong side high ride, and S&W M40 Centennial .38spl. in right hand pants pocket, or right hand sports jacket side pocket, for 30+ years.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
I have carried a Llama IIIA .380 off an on since 1971

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
About 30 years on this old Colt Combat Commander 70 series that I carry everyday.
You know Sam, I was going to post a pic of the gun that I carry but after seing your packing piece I think I will put my camera away. Hang on, I need to wipe the drool off.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I swept my carpet in front of the reloading bench since this photo, don't laugh, but this is my beloved TRP I mentioned above. Once I spend the time to work up some good loads or find some HP ammo this thing likes better it will go back on my hip. The glock is just easier to maintain out and about up on the mountain in wet weather but this is my favorite 1911. I sold my first one like an idiot, had a nice S.A. loaded that was my first 1911

1 - 17 of 17 Posts