How many guns do you own?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/17/03 3:38:09 pm)
    Reply | Edit How many guns do you own?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here's a non-political topic (so Boomatic won't complain )......

For financial reasons, I had to sell off all my guns a few years back. Now I'm rebuilding a collection of C&R firearms, as well as anything that catches my eye. I currently have 11 guns:

10 long guns (3 semi-auto, 4 bolt action)
    1 handgun (semi-auto)

And many more to come.

What about y'all?
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

280freak
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/17/03 5:00:04 pm)
    Reply Re: How many guns do you own?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guns? Me?

Not a single one, nope, nope.

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/17/03 5:17:57 pm)
    Yo sniper, didja heer bout the possibility of an "arsenal" license.....fer 10 or more? Hasnt happened yet but.....some things R best left unsaid??

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/17/03 5:53:06 pm)
    Reply | Edit Re: How many guns do you own?
    Hmmmm, I already have a collector's license. Seems that would already cover it. Hadn't heard that one yet about the arsenal license. Although technically, shouldn't it be an armorer's license? An arsenal is where they manufacture/repair guns, not store them. Right?

Also hadn't considered that you folks might not want to disclose what ya got, for fear of big brother. Ain't no use for me hiding them though, they can audit me any time and check my records.
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/17/03 5:58:36 pm)
    Re: How many guns do you own?
    I keep all mine at NeoDebo's house
    Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/17/03 6:06:03 pm)
    I can neither confirm nor deny the existance of firearms in my home. Around 156 of them.
    We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

JackRyann
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/17/03 6:10:30 pm)
    Guns? What guns?

What did ya say that address was?
    --44 mag, when you're ready to get serious--

MTaylor
    (1/17/03 6:11:14 pm)
    Let's see...in the past 30 days I have increased the number of guns in the collection by 600%

Now THAT's not too many, is it?

270abolt
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/17/03 6:33:36 pm)
    like my wife says one too many.......

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/17/03 6:40:00 pm)
    I've got one more than I need, but one less than I want!

The ATF just raided a mini-storage unit south of me a few miles yesterday. Interesting find - flame throwers, bazookas, RPG's, rifle grenades, machine guns, military rifles from 1880's to today, mucho gusto ammunition, etc, etc,.

The news media is having a field day.
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/17/03 7:31:38 pm)
    Doc has all of mine........

ysacres
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/17/03 8:12:35 pm)
    43, They are in a Submersible Stealth Goverment Evasion Vehicle that is stuck in a culvert somewhere the middle of SD
    firearms forever!

Edited by: ysacres at: 1/18/03 1:14:26 am

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/17/03 8:18:41 pm)
    I've got Daisy Red Rider, and a home made slingshot...both registered and Debo approved.

GG

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/17/03 8:55:44 pm)
    Well hmmm guns...

More than my 16 rifle gun safe will hold, but less than the 30-40 rifle safe I'm going to be getting in a few months.

But I can neither confirm or assertain (yeah I know I can't spell worth shite tonight) if any of the rifles in the safe work or not - especially if they are all put together or still torn down.

However, wouldn't advise anybody trying to find out...

Yabra Kadabra Doo
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/17/03 8:57:19 pm)
    More than i need. Less than i want.

My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/17/03 8:59:50 pm)
    Lets see - I don't own any firearms - they own me!

If I was to take a different one out every day and shoot it, a year would go by before I started over again ----

pickenup
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/18/03 1:00:00 am)
    Not enough.

berto64
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/18/03 1:55:28 am)
    Not near enuff! And my birthday is coming and I'm registered at "Ammo is Us". lol

berto

Endeaver to Persevere

ImMrBill
    (1/18/03 2:05:30 am)
    Seriously, I've lost count. I have two collections, one is for display, I think 15 or - in that one which is mostly nib or lnib factory chambered .284 Wins of various makes and models, and one for shooting, maybe another 15 or - of a variety of obscure hunting chamberings

tyfla99
    (1/18/03 7:17:07 am)
    I got a rock and a stick. . Seriously, I have a rock but I'm gonna get a stick.

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/18/03 8:23:05 am)
    Man! I wish I could get a stick!

Now that my storage unit is, well, unavailable....
    We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/18/03 8:36:40 am)
    I have a pre-ban 24 caliber spitball straw.

ruffitt
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/18/03 9:27:27 am)
    Just a few -

Here's a couple of pictures of the ones I took to the Hunfest in Virginia, Shooter22's get together at Stockton Lake, MO., Eric and Brenda's place in Texas, and RuffittPhest in Mancelona, Mi. with Cointoss2 and Sweetsoo. (P.S. Had a great time at all these places and sure met some wonderful folks - we gotta do it again sometime)

Lower left corner (barelly distinguishable) double bbl (sxs) .410/.45LC derringer, just above that Star Firestar .45ACP, to the right of the Firestar is a Phoenix .25 then my NAA .22mag; just above the .22mag is a CZ52 that is too dark to really be seen well, lower right hand corner is an Harrington and Richardson 1895 patent .38 Smith & Wesson that was my grandmothers.

Upper left corner (barrel down) Coonan Cadet .357 semi-auto, lower left (bbl upward) Colt Commander in .38Super with LaserLyte trigger guard laser light, middle Bersa Thunderbolt .380, upper right EAA Witness .45ACP (which also has conversion shroud and bbl for .38Super, lower right Llama MiniMax .38Super with LaserLyte laser sight.

Not pictured are my Dan Wesson (circa 1970) .357 pistol pac, Kahr K40 in 40S&W, Charter Arms 38 Special, ansd my Iver Johnson 1897/8 32 Smith&Wesson.

I've got a few long guns too, somewhere 'round 15 or more.

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/18/03 9:55:00 am)
    I only talk about guns...or want to talk about them .

I would like to own 14 long guns and 19 handguns...but I don't and am too poor and...well...that would just be over indulgent. Yeah, that's it.

SpanishBob's theoretical collection is obscene.

Covet...covet...covet.

2003 Rose Bowl Champions!!!!
    Boom-a-tic
    *Ne'er-Do-Well Wannabe Junior Non-Staff Moderator of the Test Forum*
    Progenitor of the Boomatic Plague

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/18/03 12:12:45 pm)
    Reply Ummmm....
    Just a couple...but here's my January pick-ups...ain't shot the in-line yet...ain't smart nuff yet!

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/18/03 5:49:17 pm)
    Reply Re: Ummmm....
    LTS U show me yurs, I'll show ya mine.......

308bolt
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/20/03 2:17:11 pm)
    Reply Re: Ummmm....
    If I decided it was PC to own guns I'd probably own
    around 10 long guns and maybe 5 or so of them little guys.

whiteclouder
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/20/03 4:16:22 pm)
    Reply Ummmm....
    I got one, I think. Supposed to be on it's way from Alaska, but I'm gonna gve it away as soon as it gets here.
    Clouder..

tireman
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/20/03 4:31:46 pm)
    waaaay tooooo many (according to my wife and my freinds)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.