How many heads would explode...

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by BlackEagle, Oct 14, 2017.

1. jsjj388

jsjj388 Well-Known Member

HICKTOWN (AKA HAMPTONVILLE), NORTH CAROLINA
    Simply put, yes. Not in the sense that we came from monkeys, thats a load of crap. But creatures do evolve and change to fit the current state of their environment. Humans have evolved to a degree. We are still and always will be made in the image of God, but look at people in hot climates, they tend to have darker, thicker skin. After a few generations, this becomes the norm. People who hail from cold harsh climates are typically very big boned and heavier to deal with the cold.

2. ral357

ral357 Well-Known Member

Many confuse adaptation with evolution. In an environment that requires a nomadic life characteristics that give advantage within the population, leaner better endurance, will be represented in the reproductive pool more than the heavier more sedentary traits. The population will become leaner and more agile with better endurance over time. They don't become another creature. The population becomes better suited for the conditions they live in, nothing more nothing less. If conditions changed to favour the heavier in the population the recessive genes that remain in the pool will again become common and given enough time will represent the norm of the population......there is no lizard to kitty change.
    One of the biggest doubters of the THEORY of evolution was Darwin as he neared his life's end. The transitional fossils that would be there if evolution was a fact are glaring by the absence. The Piltdown man is a example of just how far some men of "science" will go to prove their religion is true.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018

3. TigerLeo

TigerLeo Well-Known Member

I believe in microevolution, see it all the time. For example, Abraham Lincoln was 6'4" and he was considered very tall, almost freakishly so, for his time. Today the average height is 5'10", but there is a large portion the world much taller than that. Dog, and cat breeds, even horses. There are microorganisms that have learned to eat and digest plastics, as well as many other examples in the world.

But, back to topic, BlackEagle great post! I always like the old saying, "No man has ever stood so tall, as one who has stooped to help a child."

4. jsjj388

Evolution is simply long term adaptation. As I said, We didnt come from monkeys, but we have evolved over time. All creatures have. I dont think we could evolve into another species or anything of the like, but we do change. That is what darwin called evolution.

5. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

No, monkeys changing into men is what Darwin called evolution.

6. ral357

ral357 Well-Known Member

No.....Darwin most certainly theorized that creatures evolved into other creatures. That was the demon that plagued him in his later life, no transitional fossils to support the theory. The peppered Moth was shown to prove evolution in the 1800s. Early in that century only light coloured specimens we're ever observed. As the industrial revolution hit full tilt pollution become quite bad, smokey soot. Eventually the lighter examples of the peppered moth disappeared replaced by a dark sooty coloured moth. This was the "proof" the scientists had desperately been searching for. "Science" had persevered!!!! A striking example of adaptation not evolution. As the area became covered in dark soot the lighter moths were very visible to predators. Few survived to pass on their traits while the dark examples that represented a tiny fraction before survived and became the dominant example. Once conditions returned to normal the lighter moths returned. Adaptation, survival of the fittest, not evolution as the Darwinists believe.

dbcooper and One Shot like this.
  7. dbcooper

dbcooper Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I posted this back in Nov in a different thread.

"I think the problem we have when discussing this topic many times is that we don't define the terms beforehand.

We need to differentiate between Macro Evolution and Micro Evolution

Micro Evolution is observed and quantified. It happens and we can see the proof
    Micro Evolution is variation within a species. Horses bred for different qualities, the variety of traits in dogs, birds adapting to the environment. You breed a dog with another dog to get different traits. Dog + Dog = Dog. You don't see a Dog and a Dog producing anything other than a dog. God said he created "kinds" of creatures. Kinds are just species."
    "Every beast after their "Kind" entered into the Ark"

Same thing in humans. All of the genetic information for every variation in the different races, were all included in Adam's DNA. The first and perfect work of God."

jsjj388, ral357 and One Shot like this.
  8. jsjj388

Micro evolution. Just the term I was looking for. As for darwin, I stand corrected. I still say that creatures evolve over time, and we see it. But not from monkeys to people.

9. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That's a nonsequiter if ever I saw one. What does evolution have to do with people violating children with false ideas about "sexuality" (whatever that is), and God's judgment on them?

10. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 Well-Known Member

?? That makes no sense whatsoever. Reread my post, consider it a bit, and craft a lucid response. It isn't that hard.

11. Kevin New Mexico

Kevin New Mexico Active Member

God only created one race of humans. He also created all of the animals. There is no such thing as evolution. God is good all the time.

bamajoey, BlackEagle and One Shot like this.
  12. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I am starting another thread to discuss evolution, thus ending the topic drift from Sex Ed, the OP.

jsjj388 and BlackEagle like this.
  13. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Thanks, Terry.

jsjj388 likes this.