How many rounds did you shoot today

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Broot, May 28, 2017.

1. bumblebee

bumblebee Well-Known Member

BlackEagle and Broot like this.
  2. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Well-Known Member

One.
    A damn chipmunk had taken up residence in my brick front steps. This drove my lab/staf terrier mix INSANE. When the lab mix goes insane, the 170 pound Great Dane needs to investigate and that's an issue.
    There's really only one good shooting angle (road, neighbors) and that one means I'm shooting at the brick and on either side of the brick stairs are huge picture windows.
    So I'm going to trap the damn thing and one day the dogs are freaking, the chipmunk just perched there on top of the steps. He sat there long enough for me to go get a Marlin .22 mag with a scope. I'm going to try and pick him clean w/o hitting the brick. First case I grab? a 10/22 with a $20 red dot on it. OK, we'll go with that. Insert a mag, chamber a round. Go out the back door and walk around the house. Darn 'munk is so comfortable he's still perched there. Have barely used this red dot so it takes me a minute to even remember how to turn it on. He's still sitting there and I'm 20 feet away. Shoulder it, the dot is walking all over the freaking place so I just jerk the trigger. I swear I see him tumble over but when I get there, he's gone. Damn I must've scared him off.
    This was mid April, so there's 5 feet of snow around the steps with a slight gap due to the spring sun warming the bricks.....2 weeks later the snow's pretty much gone and holy cow, he did tumble! Right between the snowbank and the brick. One shot, one kill. I felt like Carlos Hathcock!
    Haven't fired a round since for 2 reasons.....black fly season and I figured I'd retire on top :)

3. bumblebee

Black fly season here is miserable. We are fighting the yellow "deer flies" right now

Broot likes this.
  4. bumblebee

I put 200 rounds thru the Mark IV today. I have been practicing at 25 yards shooting paper plates. Training for steel challenge. I would put 5 plates across the board and then practice with 4 passes (2 mags) per round. By the last two rounds, I was putting 4 holes in every plate.

5. Steveusmc

Steveusmc Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Today shot about 50 rounds from my 5.56 keltec, 50 from my Kahr pm45, 50 from my 1914 1911, and about 100 rounds from my American classic trophy 45.
    My 1914 1911 has never had one problem since I got it.

6. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

We have a big competition coming up this weekend.

If I get all the rounds off, I'll shoot about 200 .22 and 130 .357.

If I take my New Model Army I'll put about 18 rounds through that.

In addition I'll be taking pictures, helping with statistics, and maybe the scoring, refacing targets, and running the target turner.

Steveusmc and Broot like this.
  7. Broot

Broot Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Got bit by the BP bug today. Shot 20 or so PRB over 70 grains. The 8" and 12" gongs at 90 and 100 yds off hand.

Picked up some of the evidence..
    IMG_0469.JPG

IMG_0470.JPG

BlackEagle likes this.
  8. bumblebee

Shot steel challenge yesterday with both my Mark IV Lite and my Mark I Target. I put 313 rounds (had a couple misses:rolleyes:) at steel. I really like the Mark IV, but I scored better with the Mark I

BlackEagle likes this.