The Firearms Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at Radom pistols and I am confused about safeties.

Does the Radom P35 have just the grip safety (like the 1911) or do different variations (1, 2, 3) have one or more?

Thanks,

louielouie

p.s. My very first post and it is a question.

·
Registered
18,051 Posts
Just the grip safety. There is a thing (thingy #1) in the correct spot to be a thumb safety, but it is a decocker. There is another doober that looks like it might be a thumb safety (thingy #2), but it's the slide holdback, for disassembley. And, of course, there is thingy #3, but it's the slidestop.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
The Radom also has a half-cock, which some people count as a safety.

That is a beautiful picture, Alpo, and a beautiful gun. I have four Radoms but, alas, not an eagle one. Color me green with envy.

Jim

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
Yes, the later Radoms had no takedown catch (thing 2). To field strip those, you have to pull back the slide, move the decocking lever (thing 1) down, then release the slide so the lower arm of the decocking lever fits into a notch in the top of the hammer. That lines up the slide stop with its removal point in the slide.

Note that in those guns, pulling forward on the recoil spring guide to take pressure off the slide stop is harder, since the dismount point is further ahead than in the guns with the dismount catch.

Jim

·
Registered
18,051 Posts
The Radom also has a half-cock, which some people count as a safety.

That is a beautiful picture, Alpo, and a beautiful gun. I have four Radoms but, alas, not an eagle one. Color me green with envy.

Jim
Ain't mine, man. Somebody posted it, in a question, a year or so back, and it was so purty I saved it. Then, couple of months later, someone asked just about this same question, and I thought, "Oh, I can do visual aids", and drew the circles and numbers and arrows (and a paragraph on the back explaining it), and I put it up ever once in awhile, when this question comes up.

Mine is Nazi-marked, but has no stock attachment. Russian capture gun - nowhere near as nice as this'un.

·
Registered
18,051 Posts
Yes, the later Radoms had no takedown catch (thing 2). To field strip those, you have to pull back the slide, move the decocking lever (thing 1) down, then release the slide so the lower arm of the decocking lever fits into a notch in the top of the hammer. That lines up the slide stop with its removal point in the slide.

Note that in those guns, pulling forward on the recoil spring guide to take pressure off the slide stop is harder, since the dismount point is further ahead than in the guns with the dismount catch.

Jim
That "thing 1, thing 2" stuff works great, don't it?:D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alpo,
Thanks so much for the photo with inserts, it really helped me (a newbie) to see a little better which "safeties" are on the pistol.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Jim K, deadin, and RJay ,

Thanks to all of you for the added info.

Being a newbie I am still trying to remember the variations and serial number changes.

louielouie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.